Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    It's amazing that all these years later they never stopped being motherfuckers.

Quote Originally Posted by slysyl View Post
    There was a trophy shop that made a no hand shake coin in Carthage. I bought one and when I picked it up the shop owner told me that several UC alums that were good accounts were going to take there business somewhere else; because of the coin.
    Ha! I think my dad still has one of those in his shelf full of bobbleheads and random giveaways.

If I remember correctly this Shootout was on a Thu and Sat we played at Evansville and got crushed. Many don't recall this game going into overtime and Jeff Massey taking over.

Freshman
    Bob Huggins had 393 career wins at UC. Hope Coach Mack stays long enough at XU to pass that many wins. I'm a huge XU fan (had season Tix for 20 yrs), but I met Huggins at a Church & he sat & talked XU bball with me. He complimented our program. I really dislike the bashers on this site. And I don't care who you bash. All teams deserve respect. I do respect your right to bash, just not my style. As a Salesman for 25 years never bashed my competition.

Junior
    Meh, Bob should have been let go before based on performance. He wildly underachieved come March. His last 12 seasons at UC they went to one elite 8 and one sweet 16 while most of the time his team had a pretty solid seed. At this point, those results wouldn't be acceptable at Xavier. I think he is a good coach but clearly needed a new environment, he wasn't getting it done at UC at all.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Meh, Bob should have been let go before based on performance. He wildly underachieved come March. His last 12 seasons at UC they went to one elite 8 and one sweet 16 while most of the time his team had a pretty solid seed. At this point, those results wouldn't be acceptable at Xavier. I think he is a good coach but clearly needed a new environment, he wasn't getting it done at UC at all.
    Either you don't know your facts or simply enjoy lying. Huggins took UC to a Final 4 in 92 & 2 Elite 8's - in 93 & 96. How about this fact, XU has never been to a Final 4. And I am not a UC troll, had XU season Tix for 20 yrs. I SIMPLY CAN'T STAND POSTERS BASHING ANYBODY THROUGH LYING.

Junior
    Take a look for yourself, his last 12 years at UC they went to one elite 8 and one sweet 16:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Huggins

Sorry, thats a fact. It was clear his time at UC had been up for awhile yet lived on his early years of success.

Quote Originally Posted by xu koop scoop View Post
    Either you don't know your facts or simply enjoy lying. Huggins took UC to a Final 4 in 92 & 2 Elite 8's - in 93 & 96. How about this fact, XU has never been to a Final 4. And I am not a UC troll, had XU season Tix for 20 yrs. I SIMPLY CAN'T STAND POSTERS BASHING ANYBODY THROUGH LYING.
    I am not seeing the correlation between "XU has never been to a Final 4" and the rest of the content. I believe everyone on this board knows this, troll or not. Some may know Karem Kanter has a brother who plays in the NBA and some may not(irony).

Supporting Member
    The view from under the basket that game was magical. I remember jiggling car keys every time Dumbtonio Wingfield touched the ball (related to his arrest for punching his mom over taking his keys..for those too young to know!). We were so in his head he was more focused on us than the game. Fouled out with like 4 points. Then I remember Huggy getting so tired of our crap he just stopped and stared us down - for about 30 seconds. The taunts just got louder each second. Then when we won the game and fans stormed the court, the pathetic UC male cheerleaders started throwing punches at the fans. Like player like cheerleader. At the end of the fracus I just remember Brian Grant running around yelling, with a pure Country draw, “Heall Yeah”! Magical.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

I'm too lazy to research, but it's crazy how poor some of the all time players at UC did against Xavier. I thought Huggins was only 8-8. I think Kenyon Martin was 1-3.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it's been a long freakin time since UC has had consistent success against X. And if they had done well in the NCAA tournament while still losing to Xavier, it wouldn't be a big deal. But, they were horrible in the tournament as well.

As Xavier put it earlier, if X went on a 12 year streak that Huggins ended on, we would be pissed.