Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Boy I'd love for him to cook Seton Hall for 28 and get to 2,000 points. What he's done has been incredible, I see no way of getting first, but second is pretty damn special. 5 should hang in the rafters after it's all said and done.

Maybe it's because I was in School for part of the West era, but I have mixed emotions about Trevon taking #2. I'm not saying Trevon's not worthy. You just don't like to see your favorite player's surpassed sometimes.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Maybe it's because I was in School for part of the West era, but I have mixed emotions about Trevon taking #2. I'm not saying Trevon's not worthy. You just don't like to see your favorite player's surpassed sometimes.
    I feel kind of the same about him passing Sato,honestly. I really like Trevon, but it's hard to top Sato. I mean, does Trevon have a nesting doll?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I feel kind of the same about him passing Sato,honestly. I really like Trevon, but it's hard to top Sato. I mean, does Trevon have a nesting doll?
    Haha... I have the nesting doll on my shelf here at work. (Along with a signed baseball of the Big East Championship Squad, a basketball signed by Team 95, and a piece of the Cintas Floor.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    My guess is that is it 4 year teammates?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    It’s on the game day guide Chris Mack tweeted out.

Sato/Chalmers- 3561
    Brown/Lumpkin- 3392
    Larkin/Campbell- 3058
    Holloway/Frease- 2936
    Gladden/Williams- 2853
    Burrell/Duncan- 2822
    Currently Tre/JP at 3266.

If they continue their current scoring averages they will move to #1 on the list on Feb 28 vs Providence....Senior Night.

Sato/Chalmers- 3561
    Brown/Lumpkin- 3392
    Larkin/Campbell- 3058
    Holloway/Frease- 2936
    Gladden/Williams- 2853
    Burrell/Duncan- 2822
    I have to say I find Dexter Campbell being on this list to be amusing since Byron obviously did 90% of the work. It's similar to the fact that the most home runs in MLB history by a brother combination is Hank and Tommy Aaron and the 4th most hits by a father/son combination is Pete Rose and Pete Rose, Jr.

Freshman

Sato/Chalmers- 3561
    Brown/Lumpkin- 3392
    Larkin/Campbell- 3058
    Holloway/Frease- 2936
    Gladden/Williams- 2853
    Burrell/Duncan- 2822
    Nobody's mentioning Tyrone Hill & Derrick Strong at 3294. They were Seniors together & Strong only got to play 3 seasons. Still my favorite duo as they led XU past GTown when they had Motumbo & Mourning - who GTown called the Twin Towers. We also called Hill & Strong Twin Towers. That game got us to our 1st Sweet 16 - even though Hill fouled out with about 4 minutes to go. Freshman Aaron Williams spelled Hill & put in the game winner.

Freshman
    Forget the Duos for a moment. I'd like to give it up for Byron Larkin at 2,696. He got us a big win vs #3 seed Missouri in the NCAA & we might have beat Kansas in the NCAA his Senior year, but I believe he went out before halftime with an injury. He did this without a 3 pt shot. He's also been a great announcer on the radio for umpteen years. I started going to games at the Gardens just to see Larkin.

For those of us who watched woeful basketball between 1967 and 1980, we have no such angst regarding crawling over players we know on the list, except Nick Daniels, or whatever his new name is these days. Tre's already blown by him, so score away Tre!
    Last edited by vee4xu; 01-20-2018 at 08:04 AM.
    Pray the Rosary daily