Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

It sucks to suck

Ok before you kill me, maybe we don't "suck" but I'm so used to being the flagship. I'm used to being surprised if we aren't the favorite. I'm used to knowing we could beat anyone. I'm used to expecting a W at home.

I'm not used to feeling the way I do now and I hate it.

That is all.
    I have a podcast. Sometimes we talk about Xavier: You. Me. Cincy.
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

No, we suck.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    No, we suck.
    Can everybody stop this nonsense. STATISTICALLY we have SIX of the TOP PLAYERS in the Big East depending on what metric you look at...Teams that “suck” don’t.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Can everybody stop this nonsense. STATISTICALLY we have SIX of the TOP PLAYERS in the Big East depending on what metric you look at...Teams that “suck” don’t.
    Who cares about bs individual metrics?? We suck in the only things that actually matter...W-L and Top 100 wins. We suck in both. Good thing is that there is help on the horizon.

Apparently, they do (or at least can). Self-evidently.

Sophomore
    I'd love to see the numbers you're looking at for that stat. I could see 4 at most being near the top, but if you're including naji and quentin they are nowhere near the top. They're incredibly inefficient right now.

And I like Welage and Hankins...but to rate them among the top players in the Big East?!?

We don't suck, Loyola sucks. We are below average for a power conference team, way below average. I think even if they fix it and suddenly play 40 minutes and Steele makes great in game adjustment, they would be average to slightly above average.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Who cares about bs individual metrics?? We suck in the only things that actually matter...W-L and Top 100 wins. We suck in both. Good thing is that there is help on the horizon.
    ^^^^This^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    And I like Welage and Hankins...but to rate them among the top players in the Big East?!?
    I'm not saying top players.
    But Hankins leads the BE in FG%. And Jones is 5th.
    Naji is second in rebounds, and Q is 2nd in assists and 4th in steals.
    Welage has made the 3rd most 3 pointers in the league, despite playing only 21 minutes/game. The 2 guys ahead of him play 30.

Somehow we are not putting it all together for W's.
    If Seton Hall is an example, we just get sloppy and give it all up in the last 10 minutes. Maybe tired.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.