Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    Wouldn't the advantage be that Tre and Kaiser could try to prove themselves in summer league and then find a team that needs their particular skills? Essentially allowing them to hold out to find a NBA spot or a more advantageous 2 way contract.
    How often do you think guys sign full NBA contracts without getting drafted and not getting two way contracts but by their summer league performance?

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    How often do you think guys sign full NBA contracts without getting drafted and not getting two way contracts but by their summer league performance?
    Ummm, never ?

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Ummm, never ?
    Didn't Semaj Christon get promoted from G league and makes some NBA money?

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Didn't Semaj Christon get promoted from G league and makes some NBA money?
    He was drafted

A two-way contract is great, I like others think JP has a place in the NBA, play some D, work on his shot, and hustle his ass off. That's valuable minutes off the bench, and he'd be a crowd favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    He was drafted
    Ah yes. But he was sent to G-league and came back up.

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Ah yes. But he was sent to G-league and came back up.
    I understand that. My point is that it's very unlikely for guys to not get drafted and sign contracts better than a two way contract in the NBA.

Here are the specific details for the new two-way contract:
    •They will act as a 16th and 17th roster spot for NBA teams beginning next season (2017-18).
    •The player can spend up to 45 days with the NBA team that signs him, although no time is guaranteed.
    •The rest of the player’s contract must be spent in the G-League, either for the team’s affiliate or another’s if the team he signs with doesn’t have a G-League affiliate yet. For the 2017-18 season, the G-League will represent 26 of the NBA’s 30 teams.
    •The player’s pay comes on a tiered salary system, which can last one or two seasons. While in the G-League, the player will make $75,000. It’s a significant increase from the current pay structure for G-Leaguers, who cannot make more than $26,000 with a one-way G-League deal.
    •When in the NBA, a player with a two-way contract will accrue a day of service and make money consistent with an NBA rookie minimum, which is about $816,000 next season. If a player spends 45 days in the NBA, he could make around $204,000.
    •In total, a two-way player who spends the maximum amount of time in the NBA would make $279,000.
    Zip'em Up!

I think for 2018-2019 the salary has went up to 80k and since the league minimum in the NBA is slightly higher, I think I read that if he plays 45 days with the Hornets he will get 304k.

xu95

Quote Originally Posted by xu95 View Post
    I think for 2018-2019 the salary has went up to 80k and since the league minimum in the NBA is slightly higher, I think I read that if he plays 45 days with the Hornets he will get 304k.

xu95
    could very well be
    Zip'em Up!