Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    According to Charlie Creme of ESPN's Bracketology, it's actually Butler in the First 4 Out, not Seton Hall. Butler is a team that was worse than Xavier two seasons ago and they've completely turned things around since that time period.

Xavier has actually won three straight games at Butler, but it's a longshot to make it 4 straight.

Yeah, SH can't be near the bubble with their two losses to Xavier. But I bet they'd be right there if those two horrible losses were wins instead.

10 point lead heading to the fourth today at home against Creighton. Lost by one. 2-12 now. 0-12 against teams not named Seton Hall.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I see that Marquette nipped the ladies 90-44 at Cintas yesterday.
    It might even be worse this time around - Butler won at Marquette last night to strengthen their possible NCAA Tournament hopes. Marquette is going to be in a bad mood.

Freshman
    The team dropped road contests at DePaul (81-48) and Marquette (79-53) over the weekend, and is now 11-16 overall, 2-14 in league play. They close the regular season with home games against Villanova (8-8 Big East) and Georgetown (7-9) this weekend and will be the No. 10 seed in the conference tournament the following weekend.

What's the attendance for the Women's games? Anyone have any idea? I know a few with season tickets. But I'm not sure how often they go.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    What's the attendance for the Women's games? Anyone have any idea? I know a few with season tickets. But I'm not sure how often they go.
    I am a proud WBB season ticket holder - Muskie knows I'm from Chi town. I'll see them half a dozen times a year. It's great when both the MBB and WBB play on the same weekend at Cintas. Love the players and efforts and all things Xavier. (not at all happy that they can't seem to win BE games, but it's usually not for lack of effort). I've supported the team since Amber and Ta'shia and will continue to do so. The lower middle sections look about 30% full on both sides for a typical game. It's not a ghost town ... there are enough people ... I'd estimate 500-1000 as a typical attendance figure. Sometimes, there are groups ... typically the girls basketball team of a local school or two. Also, there are cheerleaders and professionalism with staff and promotions. I'd have no hesitation recommending someone especially taking a young girl just out for the event. Heck, a boys coach could probably find more to instruct with at a WBB than a men's game outing.

You meet some nice people. I had fun in part at the MBB Nova game because I got to tell the Women's soccer team selling 50:50 raffles that I was cheering on their teammate, OJ, when she scored her first WBB points (she's the goalie for W soccer, but is recently filling in due to injuries on the WBB team). I was cheering them on at DePaul last weekend hoping they'd be in it like the game at Cintas which went to OT. It wasn't the case. Remember these are hardworking students, doing their best, and it can be fun to get to know some of them.

With that said, Greg Christopher will do what he is to do. His job is to put people in place to work towards a program that competes for BE championships. No excuses. While recent recruiting is up, the results have not been there. We do have the youngest team in the league. We were competitive (but did not win) a number of games this year. Marquette is now there ... they've risen rapidly when they went to a new coach just a few short years ago. It's up to Greg to judge when to say when. If I hire a coach, and s/he is putting forth solid effort, you assume you keep them for 4-5 years minimum to get a couple years under their belt and then to take ownership of the teams that they've recruited. Well, those 4-5 years are up and it's totally Greg's call to determine whether there should be a 1-3 more years or not. If there is not substantial improvements in 1-3 years, then the problem is one that Greg will have to take ownership.

The season ends with a 70-62 loss to Providence in the first round of the Big East Tournament. 2-16 in the Big East and 11-19 overall, which is also their average for the past three seasons (12-18 two years ago, 10-20 last year).

https://goxavier.com/news/2019/3/9/w...ast-recap.aspx