Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Or... just maybe... it involves Xavier winning all remaining games.
    That's what I was getting at... I don't think anybody caught my sarcasm font though lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    If X avoids the bottom 4 we get a bye on Wednesday at MSG and then likely play the 3rd or 4th seed, which is near a toss-up given the parity after the top 2, thereby avoiding Nova and Marquette until at least the semis.
    This is a difficult but clearly achievable goal, which likely requires going 3-2 in the remaining games for 8-10 in conference. Let's assume a loss to Nova, which means we need to go 3-1, for @SHU, BU, and 2 vs. St. John's. I think Butler is the most important since they also have to play Nova and Marquette and we would win ties with the sweep. It is unlikely (but hardly impossible) to beat St. John's twice so this Wednesday against SHU is also huge.
    If we don't avoid the bottom 4 it is a toss-up game on Wednesday, then likely Nova or Marquette. Much tougher path.
    I can agree and disagree, but I like the way you broke that down.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Yep, no way around it, if we want to avoid bottom 4 we need to win at Seton Hall Wednesday. From there, I think it’s at least a tossup to get to 2-2, we can beat SJU at home and I think we beat butler in Hinkle. Lose to nova and at SJU.
    We need to beat Seton Hall on Wednesday. This team really never really found it's mojo. They have not had a sustained effort and winning streak where everyone could agree that we are playing great basketball. A couple wins is fantastic coming off a six game losing streak, but a couple wins really isn't a winning streak. You string three games together and you got a winning streak. Seton Hall is a good team and a tough place to play. You go in there and win that game, and I want to see the Cintas uprising when Nova comes to town. I love big games, and that is a big game.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    There's no reason we can't beat Nova at home. This isn't the same Nova team of the past several years. And Chris Mack isn't on our sideline.
    We need to beat Nova. Steele needs to beat Nova. We played them tough there, but that isn't winning. We can beat them. We need to do that.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    I'm not sure beating them twice is possible. They may jump our careless passing routes to the tune of about 30 turnovers. They are not a good matchup for us.
    SJU got exposed AND completely humiliated by a PC squad that we shredded. Who’s gonna guard TJ and ZH? YES, We sweep them posers.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Well now is a good time for that XUPERMAN. Now is a good time for that.

I am always worried about taking care of the basketball in every game. We have done well recently. SJU has a different style of play and it will be a challenge. I actually like the inside matchup, I don't think that they can stop us.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post

I am always worried about taking care of the basketball in every game. We have done well recently. SJU has a different style of play and it will be a challenge. I actually like the inside matchup, I don't think that they can stop us.
    I agree with that, I just don't want Shamorie Ponds to heat up and go off for 40 like he's capable of, St. John's makes me scratch my head, I don't really know what to think of em.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post

I wasn't expecting turnovers to be a problem with Villanova - both them and Xavier run pretty slow tempos and the announcers said repeatedly on TV that Xavier sped up the game in the 2nd half to throw them out of rhythm.

Turnovers will be a bigger problem against the Johnnies if Xavier is careless with the ball.

That said, I do have a good feeling about Thursday. The Johnnies can be scary if they're on, but they have not shown they can do so consistently.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Broering with more bid collusion talk on twitter. I actually think hes serious.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Broering with more bid collusion talk on twitter. I actually think hes serious.
    No one could possibly be that stupid.

Someone should call President Trump before he meets with Little Kim and ask him if there's any BE collusion.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    No one could possibly be that stupid.
    https://twitter.com/RickBroering/sta...97652076744704

Could have been jokingly responding to a joke, but who knows, either way it's quite funny.