Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast
    Gottfried has been at NC State for 6 years. The first 4 he won 20 plus games and went to the NCAA'S every year, including two Sweet 16's. Last year they were .500 and are heading in that direction again. I guess his first 4 years of success didn't get him much. Unrealistic fans down there.

I will add- he is 44-44 in the ACC. Valvano was 71-69. (Of course Valvano had a championship and two elite 8's, but still, he's the most successful coach there since Valvano.)
    Last edited by XU 87; 02-16-2017 at 02:44 PM.

NC State fans think that they are so much better than what they are that it's comical. Then whenever reality hits them, which it does every year, they go crazy.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Valvano also got fired.

And Gottfried does suck. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    NC State fans think that they are so much better than what they are that it's comical. Then whenever reality hits them, which it does every year, they go crazy.
    I just hope NC St doesn't swoop in and steal Stevens from IU.

Freshman
    I had the distinct "privilege" of sitting directly behind this so called coach the last time they were in Dayton for the first 4 games. I can give the full report that he is not a good coach and probably a worse human. I was able to observe and hear everything he was saying and most of it is not fit for print. No strategy, positioning, or anything that we are now privy to with the in the huddle spot during Big East broadcasts. He is a foul mouthed son of a bitch and I can't understand how anyone would want to play for him. Lutz, on the other hand, his assistant at the time was the real deal. Very much the opposite so maybe that is just how he rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    In that case, he's a great fit for Dayton, except for the reality hitting them part.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    I just hope NC St doesn't swoop in and steal Stevens from IU.
    IU fans are probably worried about this, and NC State fans probably think they can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    In that case, he's a great fit for Dayton, except for the reality hitting them part.
    NC State is a much more extreme version of Dayton. They're in the ACC and think they're as good as the conference frontrunners, and they make it a point to tell everyone how good they think they are, and argue incessantly with anyone who tries to point out that there are few planets between them and...say...Duke.

Duke and UNC is the bigger rivalry, but both hate NC State more than they hate each other simply because of how annoying they find NC State to be. it's actually funny to sit and watch from afar.

This is dated, and admittedly most people don't find it as funny as I do, but I think it's hilarious.

This was posted by a local radio station a couple of years after Herb Sendek had been fired. Herb Sendek is far from being a great coach, but I do think he's at least a decent coach and he's done better at NC State than probably anyone since Jimmy V. Wittenberg arrived, and the program went into a tailspin by year two (which is when I think this was posted). That same year, Sendek had Arizona State, who had been a dumpster fire (and is once again) in the NCAA Tournament.

So, that's the backstory. Enjoy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwOou2hDhQo

UNC's fans do yell "Go to Hell State!" during their fight song, even when they're not playing NC State. That may be the best thing NC State has going for it.