Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    then there's the case of 5 stars like Quinerly….they don't always work out .
    2023 Sweet 16

Speaking of Quinerly, looks like UC reached out to him. Guess it had to be Brannen since he didn’t hire an assistant until yesterday (former assistant at NKU). Brannen better branch out if he’s going to get 3 or 4 star recruits. On second thought, maybe he shouldn’t.

Steele was great and quick to get good experienced assistants from P5 conferences from across the country.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    then there's the case of 5 stars like Quinerly….they don't always work out .
    Right, I completely agree with you there, but majority of the time it's safe to say there's a clear discrepancy between a top 50 recruit and outside of the top 50, recruiting is a crapshoot, you never truly know who's gonna pan out and the star system isn't the best in the world, but it does serve as a fairly decent guideline (as long as you don't follow ESPN recruiting, they're just idiots), we won't know with our two classes coming in, but I can't confidently say our class is going to be better than Nova's based off paper.

I see that ESPN has updated their top 20 now that the dust has settled post draft deadline. X comes in at #20. VU , SHU, there as well....MU at #23. They have Mack's team WAY overrated IMO.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I see that ESPN has updated their top 20 now that the dust has settled post draft deadline. X comes in at #20. VU , SHU, there as well....MU at #23. They have Mack's team WAY overrated IMO.
    I'd have Louisville and Memphis swap places, personally.

We are going to have about as much experienced talent as anyone in the country plus some pretty good young guys. If it all comes together just right, this team has a chance to be REALLY good in a way that last year's team just never did.

When talking about Louisville, they said: “Williamson has plenty of upside and will be an X-factor if he hits the ground running.”

Sports writers should be prohibited from using “X-factor” when discussing Mack’s team! Petty? Sure, but that’s who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    When talking about Louisville, they said: “Williamson has plenty of upside and will be an X-factor if he hits the ground running.”

Sports writers should be prohibited from using “X-factor” when discussing Mack’s team! Petty? Sure, but that’s who I am.
    Think we can get an injunction? I know there are some legal eagles on this site that could make that happen. I'll chip in a fiver.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    We are going to have about as much experienced talent as anyone in the country plus some pretty good young guys. If it all comes together just right, this team has a chance to be REALLY good in a way that last year's team just never did.
    You are correct sir.....barring injury or other unknowns, there is going to be a lot of focus on Coach Steele and his young staff.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    You are correct sir.....barring injury or other unknowns, there is going to be a lot of focus on Coach Steele and his young staff.
    I sure hope the majority of our fan base doesn't have huge expectations for a guy that's in his second year with a great recruiting class and lining up another one for 2020. I see it a little differently.

Steele is still trying to figure things out and he he is still developing as a coach. I see much bigger expectations 2-3 years from now personally.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    I sure hope the majority of our fan base doesn't have huge expectations for a guy that's in his second year with a great recruiting class and lining up another one for 2020. I see it a little differently.

Steele is still trying to figure things out and he he is still developing as a coach. I see much bigger expectations 2-3 years from now personally.
    I'm pretty sure we will be in meltdown mode, myself included, if we don't make the tournament this year.

But I agree that perspective is important and as long as he continues to recruit, he will have time to develop as a coach. The short term outlook for the program is good, but the long term outlook is what has everyone salivating.