Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Maybe the 8 mpg were because he was in the coach's dog house.

Even after that, 21 mpg doesn't look so promising considering the obvious advantages his size might provide.

I guess the third man off the bench doesn't have to be a world beater. Looking forward to seeing what he adds to the team.

Not sure why he considered the draft. I at first thought maybe his brother having NBA connections, told him his game was suited for the NBA, but apparently they don't communicate. I'm gonna trust coach Mack on this one because he's figured out how to get his guys to play their best in March or sit. Maybe better than any coach out there. What a tough situation for that entire family though. I read his dad is an intelligent man who had to retire as some type of engineer, and gets harassed going to the local market. I found it refreshing to hear his brother bragging about how beautiful the USA is when he made it back. If this post is too political I apologize. It seems to just be a strange and unfortunate situation.

Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    Not sure why he considered the draft. I at first thought maybe his brother having NBA connections, told him his game was suited for the NBA, but apparently they don't communicate. I'm gonna trust coach Mack on this one because he's figured out how to get his guys to play their best in March or sit. Maybe better than any coach out there. What a tough situation for that entire family though. I read his dad is an intelligent man who had to retire as some type of engineer, and gets harassed going to the local market. I found it refreshing to hear his brother bragging about how beautiful the USA is when he made it back. If this post is too political I apologize. It seems to just be a strange and unfortunate situation.
    Because he could and because it doesn't matter. Everyone knew he was coming back. But if you can get feedback from NBA teams that can help you play at the next level whether it be in the US or in Europe, why wouldn't you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Because he could and because it doesn't matter. Everyone knew he was coming back. But if you can get feedback from NBA teams that can help you play at the next level whether it be in the US or in Europe, why wouldn't you do that?
    Well, let's hope he listened and we benefit from what he heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    An argument I've heard against this (though I don't agree with it at all, but posting just to stimulate off-season talk) is that some players start just focusing on that, so let's say you have a good slashing point guard and he needs to work on his 3 pointers, he'll end up taking a bunch of three's next year instead of doing what's made him successful so far, which can mess up team dynamic and chemistry.

I believe that does happen, but hopefully the coach steps in when it's happening to the detriment of the team.