Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2434 View Post
    I'm torn on the Shootout. Cause I agree it is a prime time event. But to be honest, even when it's at UC, the game gets bumped to ESPN 2 and doesn't have that much national attention. So it doesn't make that much of a difference except to the city, which everyone is watching any way. And I like having the big games be on Saturdays. And that Saturday specifically is a great sports day to get an X win to start
    I seem to remember a certain Shootout getting a LOT of attention that was also an early afternoon start.

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Xavier still can still outdraw DePaul in their new digs. Maybe we'll be playing for a high seed. Saturday Xavier games in Chicago are a must for those who haven't been up here in a while.
    With the new arena being much closer to downtown, this is a very likely road trip for the family

Not a travel-friendly for me personally. Marquette, Butler and DePaul. Was hoping Butler would be on Saturday. Was also hoping for a Saturday Villanova Road game.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I seem to remember a certain Shootout getting a LOT of attention that was also an early afternoon start.
    Haha, that's what I had in mind as well

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    Xavier still can still outdraw DePaul in their new digs. Maybe we'll be playing for a high seed. Saturday Xavier games in Chicago are a must for those who haven't been up here in a while.
    That's why I like The Third -- he's a beer-mug-half-full kinda guy!

And you know I'll be there!
    Warmly,
    "Mel"

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Not a travel-friendly for me personally. Marquette, Butler and DePaul. Was hoping Butler would be on Saturday. Was also hoping for a Saturday Villanova Road game.
    I feel like there has yet to be a Villanova road game on a Saturday since the new big east started. Maybe there was one. Anyways every year I look and hope that that game falls on a Saturday and every time its during the work week. Not as easy as it sounds to get off of work and up to Philly in time for a week night game.

Quote Originally Posted by MD Muskie View Post
    I feel like there has yet to be a Villanova road game on a Saturday since the new big east started. Maybe there was one. Anyways every year I look and hope that that game falls on a Saturday and every time its during the work week. Not as easy as it sounds to get off of work and up to Philly in time for a week night game.
    I think you're right. There was a New Year's Eve game (but it was a Thursday) in 2015 at Villanova. Game that Ed got the concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    I think you're right. There was a New Year's Eve game (but it was a Thursday) in 2015 at Villanova. Game that Ed got the concussion.
    I was in the house at the Pavillion that day. Not my favorite X game. I was also in the house at MSG when Ed unfortunately tore his ACL. Sorry Ed...
    Run the table.

Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    I was in the house at the Pavillion that day. Not my favorite X game. I was also in the house at MSG when Ed unfortunately tore his ACL. Sorry Ed...
    No offense, but maybe you should just stay home and watch on TV....

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by BMoreX View Post
    I wonder why they won't schedule that as a weekend game?