Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Xavier vs. Seton Hall Game Thread (February 14, 2018)

#4 Xavier Musketeers (23-3, 11-2) vs. Seton Hall Pirates (17-8, 6-6)

Time: 9:00 p.m. ET

Cintas Center | Cincinnati, Ohio

TV: FS1

Radio: 700 WLW Listen Live

Live Chat

Live Stats

GoXavier Preview

Full Game Notes

*check back for more links and articles

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Guessing the lines at the concession stands won't be too long tomorrow. And Quatman's shouldn't even bother showing up.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Because of Valentine's Day or Ash Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    Guessing the lines at the concession stands won't be too long tomorrow. And Quatman's shouldn't even bother showing up.
    Dana’s should open just before sunrise, and stay open until Sunday after the Nova game!

(As a Bills fan, that’s not an abnormal thought. Trust me.)

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Because of Valentine's Day or Ash Wednesday?
    Thinking Ash Wednesday because there is no better place to take your significant other than Cintas Center. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be with my wife.

Xavier vs. Seton Hall Game Thread (February 14, 2018)

Totally understood X being short dogs @Butler and @Creighton...but X -4.5? Yuck. I know which side Vegas is on. Hell, Pomeroy’s Game Predictor....and we all know how his numbers hate X, had it at X -7.5. I do not like X -4.5. I’ll probably end up betting X. But it will be a heart bet. I hope Vegas is very wrong about this. Basically, Vegas thinks we are in for another very tight game.

If this were two random teams and I saw this line, I’d take the points. (No. 4 at home against unranked team)
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 02-13-2018 at 07:07 PM.

I'm not a betting man thank god, I'd lose a lot of money, but I'm really hoping we just come out strong and not give them confidence, I'd love if we kept a double digit lead throughout. Tre should have a good game since he really loves Cintas, and probably is due for one after just 6 points against Creighton. Let's keep this train rolling and pick up a big win, and set up an insane showdown for Nova.

We will win by 2 or 3. Our games are destined to be that way this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    Totally understood X being short dogs @Butler and @Creighton...but X -4.5? Yuck. I know which side Vegas is on. Hell, Pomeroy’s Game Predictor....and we all know how his numbers hate X, had it at X -7.5. I do not like X -4.5. I’ll probably end up betting X. But it will be a heart bet. I hope Vegas is very wrong about this. Basically, Vegas thinks we are in for another very tight game.

If this were two random teams and I saw this line, I’d take the points. (No. 4 at home against unranked team)
    I'm guessing that's because we've been in a lot of tight games, plus there's the chance that they're looking ahead to Villanova. But it seems like, when we play good teams at home, we take care of business. We beat Baylor and UC by 13, Butler by 7, Creighton by 22. Our close games at home have been against really inferior talent. And even with the seemingly large number of close games, we're 11-5 against the spread at home this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chico View Post
    I'm guessing that's because we've been in a lot of tight games, plus there's the chance that they're looking ahead to Villanova. But it seems like, when we play good teams at home, we take care of business. We beat Baylor and UC by 13, Butler by 7, Creighton by 22. Our close games at home have been against really inferior talent. And even with the seemingly large number of close games, we're 11-5 against the spread at home this year.
    Yup.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk