Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock ideas.

duplicate
    76-53. It's history not footnoted. - wkrq59

Netflix must have really pissed some people off - 313 to 77 in a couple of months.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    Netflix must have really pissed some people off - 313 to 77 in a couple of months.
    I've never been a subscriber, but I know my brother dropped them last month because they raised his monthly bill pretty significantly. Maybe people are finding better (or free) ways to stream there entertainment online.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    I like Visa (V).
    Found this thread by accident. Hope KK took bobbie's advice and put it all on V. Up a cool 1068% since the post.

The CDE recommendation that pickledpigsfeeet followed up with has....not fared so well.

Oh no, I read further and KK got into CDE but did not mention V!
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 11-24-2020 at 10:57 AM.

My wife has a proclivity to wear out their cards before the expiration date. I took this as a good sign.
    2023 Sweet 16

My electric car positions have been killing it over the last 3 months. I still think they are good buys as they tend to ride the back of Tesla's news. NIO has been on fire the last couple months and it's on a dip right now. Might be a good time to get in. Check out:

NIO- Stock
    LI- Stock
    KARS- ETF
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

A couple weeks ago I was doing some reading on various stocks and came across Zomedica (ZOM). They make thyroid tests for pets. I liked their business model and was convinced it would be a solid investment at $0.35/share. Then last Monday it went up to $1.30/share pretty quickly. Turns out this is why:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/penny...225328904.html

I sold it at $1.25 mostly because the whole situation scared me off but still find it pretty wild that this even happened. Thanks Carole Baskin

FWIW I still believe the company will do well but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    A couple weeks ago I was doing some reading on various stocks and came across Zomedica (ZOM). They make thyroid tests for pets. I liked their business model and was convinced it would be a solid investment at $0.35/share. Then last Monday it went up to $1.30/share pretty quickly. Turns out this is why:

I sold it at $1.25 mostly because the whole situation scared me off but still find it pretty wild that this even happened. Thanks Carole Baskin

Here is some I bought in the last year and sold too quick. ZOM, PLUG, WKHS, PLTR, SPWR, and NVAX when COVID got before it blew up. Made money selling but left a lot on the table. Didn’t put a ton in but still I am an idiot. Bought all near there 52 week lows.

Junior
    Got in on the electric vehicle stocks. Tesla, Nio, Switchback, and Churchill Capital. Tesla @ 850, expected to hit 1000. Nio at 57 expected to hit 100. Switchback may be a longer play. Churchill Capital could double by March if they merge with Lucid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post

Did the same recently with $DTIL and $HSTO, unfortunately $HSTO's trial is to be delayed by the FDA, but $DTIL got approval for a lymphoma drug, wish I woulda bought more at the $12.60 or whatever I bought at because it's currently sitting at $17+, other than that just going with the other obvious plays in green energy like $ICLN, $BETZ the gambling ETF, and sitting on some $MRO shares from forever ago at a average of $5.60 (now in the mid $8's), the market was fun to get into this year, but God knows that you could have just thrown some darts and probably made out well.