Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    They are selling out those games and then it is on the scalpers. If the big draws get knocked out people start dumping seats. If they stay in the prices skyrockets. Pick your poison. I have never got the $150 seats but that seems like a pretty good deal. Especially if you can get them electronically and sell some of the sessions that you may not attend.

My oldest is a Freshman at The Ohio State University. I have no idea if he wants to go to Manhattan again. He may want to do his own thing on Spring Break. I am a big fan of just being in Manhattan. What a wonderful place to visit.
    Every year when Big East Tickets roll out, it's like Manhattan calls my name. I never had any desire to go there until a few years ago. Now I can't wait to go back.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

There is nothing quite like the BE tournament @ MSG.

There is a reason every conference wants to play their tournament at MSG. Been to over 20 of them now. It has always been an amazing experience to watch the tournament before X joined and now with X (even with a smaller number of teams) it is even better.

Absolutely worth the trip for any X fan. Though, being that I live just outside the city (and have lived in Manhattan for many of the years I attended those 20 BE tournaments) it is easier for me to make that statement. Still, I would like to assure X fans that they will find it a thrilling spectacle at a truly special venue in a simply spectacular city.

There are many ways to get tickets but as some have pointed out, it really comes down to supply and demand. Buying ahead is obviously the safe bet, but sometimes you can get lucky by waiting. There were a few games years ago where I was able to get tickets outside for half price right before tipoff, though not as likely these days. If I were coming from out of town, I’d probably buy my tickets ahead of time so I could just relax and enjoy the entire trip.

Really, they should have the Tournament in Pittsburgh. Same thing. Enjoy your $20 cheeseburgers.

Sophomore
    The Big East tourney at the Mecca of basketball has been on my bucket list since the original Big East days of Ewing, Mullin, Pinckney, Walter Berry, et al. Finally getting there 2 years ago to see the Muskies play was everything I imagined, even with the loss to Providence. The electricity in the Garden was palpable and even watching X squander that lead I could appreciate the atmosphere. A must for all Muskie and college basketball fans.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    Same day tickets for a Broadway show is a money saver, but if you want to see Lion King, Hamilton etc then you've got to plan ahead and will be paying full price +
    Not hoops related, but last time up we saw To Kill a Mockingbird and REALLY enjoyed it. If you have time and that’s your thing, I recommend it.

Oh, and LaGuardia IS a mess!

Sophomore
    Just adding to those that have validated this experience. It's simply a great sporting experience. Friday and Saturday nights are electric. I would go every year if I could.

I am considering going to BE tourney. I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Hotel Pennsylvania. Price and location seem ok but lots of reviews on trip advisor are very negative. Your take

I have not stayed there personally. I believe there are some people on here who have. I have stayed at the Moxy (Marriott Property). It's a tiny room but I wasn't in the room much. Many on here favor the Embassy Suites as I believe they have a free happy hour.

*** Edit

Embassy Suites near the Theater District between Times Square & MSG is a great spot. It's at 60 West 37th Street. Easy walking distance to anything you want to get to. Lots of Xavier fans have stayed there. Free Breakfast. (I also think they have a Happy Hour)
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook