Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    From the Washington Post:

SERIES DOMINATION

In addition to their six straight wins over the Hoyas, the Musketeers have dominated the series 14-4.

I read that and immediately considered where these two programs stood the first time we beat them to make it to the S16. This may be a tough year when it is all said and done, but it still has been a remarkable journey over time, and we're still going to have fun on the way to accomplishing the final 2%.
    Good post. A good feeling indeed.

I was at that beautiful game, where our twin towers (Hill and Strong) kept their twin towers in check. Let’s hope we keep our two bigs in together often moving forward.

These guys now get how playing a little smarter and a little harder every game can lead to wins even when shooting isn’t perfect. It’s been the Villanova way under Wright for years and it was the Steele way last night. The team listened. They bought in. Let’s keep this going.

the Jones-Hankin tandem wasn’t working so well when GT was making their shots
    it was working better when they were missing because X was controlling the boards
    making shots hides a multiple of sins. (Who said that?)
    the tandem big lineup won’t work against everyone
    the tandem big lineup was not used exclusively during the game
    IMO the change to a zone defense was much more important
    I like the tandem big lineup, amd think we will see it more
    after seeing it more, it’s true value will be established
    who knows what tomorrow will bring?

Also....Good to see Harden begins to contribute, I hope we see it more and more, along with Kennedy

Nice win.

Is Naji Marshall not allowed to finish shots anymore? I did not get that memo.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Nice win.

Is Naji Marshall not allowed to finish shots anymore? I did not get that memo.
    I think it’s more of a wish that sometimes he would take a pull up jump shot instead of driving deep into the lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muskies1235 View Post
    I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Literally the first line of the post you're responding to:

The point is that the so called experts that spent the last two weeks talking down to fans and telling them they were ridiculous for suggesting Travis make adjustments when there were none to make were dead ass wrong.

Whether it worked or not, playing the two bigs together is an adjustment that was available to Travis.
    Who were these "so called experts" that were talking down to fans and telling them they were ridiculous? There was disagreement on here about roster vs coaching. The only "making fun of" was when someone made the suggestion that having fun during games was hurting the team.

I'd like to see a video of Travis breaking the whiteboard.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Slow your roll. Just because it worked one game against what is probably a 7-10 seed in the big east, doesnt mean it's going to work all season. A huge difference in the game had nothing to do with tactics...it was not forcing shots, and not turning the ball over.

Also, I dont believe anyone was making fun of fans calling for adjustments to be made...there is just disagreement whether it's a coach issue or a roster issue.

There were indiviuals posting comments with the notion that this current roster didn’t have enough talent this year to be any better and that we would have to wait until next year to see any improvement. There were some, myself included, who believed it wasn’t that their wasn’t enough talent coaching or on the roster but that they just weren’t playing/ coaching up to their potential.

In the end, it doesn’t matter who said what though... what matters is that this team and Steele have proven they can indeed get on the same page and dig deeper and coach and player smarter and harder.
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-10-2019 at 12:15 PM.

Who were these "so called experts" that were talking down to fans and telling them they were ridiculous?
    Broering was on twitter roasting people after the Seton Hall game.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muskies1235 View Post
    Broering was on twitter roasting people after the Seton Hall game.
    Ah did not see that. My apologies.

Ah did not see that. My apologies.

No worries. Probably came in a little hot on this one, but that dude has rubbed me the wrong way for awhile with the way he talks down to people and acts like a knowitall
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by muskies1235; 01-10-2019 at 11:30 AM.