Page 29 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    I will try to answer Jim's questions.

1. They can all arrive as soon as they graduate from their respective high schools/universities. As Sir said, most do now a days register for Summer sessions. I think it is doubtful that the grad transfers will take summer school, but the freshman more than likely will.
    2. I am pretty positive that they can go work out in the gym whether they are taking classes or not. if the Freshman are here though, they are in summer classes.
    3. Open gym is just that. It's just like going down to the Y and playing in a pick up basketball game, except it is just the basketball players invited. Coaches are not allowed to be there and I am sure the older players run things. I'm sure Coach Steele texts Kaiser or someone like that and say "hey why don't you guys work on this today".

xu95

I’m sure thst I read that the kid from San Jose St plans to take summer school classes there, so that he can graduate from San Jose State with his degree this summer. If he does that, he will be eligible to play as a grad transfer for X.

If the San Jose State administration is spiteful, they'll make sure he fails those classes. :)

It's just crazy that Gates is our only Xavier grown senior.
    Hell, it was just yesterday I went down to Alpharetta to watch him play at St Francis.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Jim, I bet some of the board members who were managers or know others close to the program can address this better than I can. But it seems from media reports in the past that freshmen these days do arrive during the summer.

But it usually seems to be around July, probably depending on family plans before their baby heads off to college. Many do start with summer classes, at least getting some sort of orientation "how to college" class to get them use to a schedule and some study habits. This likely does allow for use of residential and training facilities. I do believe they can have meetings with coaches to discuss drills or things they should work on privately. I don't think they can have any formal type of practice, but I bet the older players will run through some stuff just to get younger guys familiar with some of it and start lifting. They are invested in hitting the ground running, but also want summer to be more fun.

The Deveroes Summer League use to be a fun way to spot players early. I think programs are keeping guys out of that sort of thing in order to have them play with their own teammates privately, in order to develop chemistry.

I think the grad transfers will be here as soon as their classes end this summer in order to move in and get to know the trainer.
    The managers often help with various drills and rebounding in the summer. My son used to rebound for Malcom a lot. So you can thank him for Malcom hitting all those clutch shots.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    The managers often help with various drills and rebounding in the summer. My son used to rebound for Malcom a lot. So you can thank him for Malcom hitting all those clutch shots.
    My most sincere thanks! I was going to send ca$h, but feel blessed to get off with just an expression of gratitude! THANK YOU!

Not much new here but I guess it is an update. This guy Teague is a hot commodity.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...tors-117416756
    May the X be with you....Quitting is never an option.

IMG_2897.jpgIMG_0398.jpg

One of my favorite HS memories of my son was when they beat Macio on his last second shot at the buzzer. Walnut had 3 kids who are playing college hoops. I was more impressed with my son's 8 assists from the three position. It's hard to read but he was number 20 in the box score and wound up with 12 points 8 assists. Macio went for 24 against the Bombers that night but the Bombers won the battle. On side note, Macio and my son were once AAU teammates back in the day before Macio left for another organization. We fell out of touch with him after that.
    Last edited by Cheesehead; 04-17-2018 at 06:15 PM.
    Zip'em Up!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead View Post
    IMG_2897.jpgIMG_0398.jpg

One of my favorite HS memories of my son was when they beat Macio on his last second shot at the buzzer. Walnut had 3 kids who are playing college hoops. I was more impressed with my son's 8 assists from the three position. It's hard to read but he was number 20 in the box score and wound up with 12 points 8 assists. Macio went for 24 against the Bombers that night but the Bombers won the battle. On side note, Macio and my son were once AAU teammates back in the day before Macio left for another organization. We fell out of touch with him after that.

Nice story. Thanks for sharing.

Didn’t see this posted.....

Moyer has verbally committed to Vanderbilt, per verbalcommits.com