Kansas 1

Virginia 16
    Arizona 10
    Kentucky 1

Gonzaga 12
    Michigan 6
    North Carolina 5
    Xavier 4

I really thought we'd be the least popular 1 seed, but Kansas got only one pick. They do realize they only have to play one of Duke/MSU right? The other has to play 2 tough games....

Kansas just isn't very good. They were a major beneficiary of this dumb ass quad system that basically ignored the fact that they lost a bunch of games at home (and some on the road) to marginal teams.

Freshman
    Don't know if it was directly the Quad system. If they were still using the old Top 50 / Top 100, they'd still be killing it. 11 top 50, 23 top 100.

Yeah, they played 30 games against the top 100 and went 23-7. They won as many games against the top 100 as we played.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Kansas just isn't very good. They were a major beneficiary of this dumb ass quad system that basically ignored the fact that they lost a bunch of games at home (and some on the road) to marginal teams.
    Yeah. Even though we are the last 1 seed, I think Kansas is more vulnerable to an early exit than X. Even Penn could give them a challenge Round 1. I don't think Kansas is going to lose, especially since it's in Wichita, but Penn is really good for a 16 seed. Probably should've been a 15.

Top 100 is a stupid metric for a #1 seed. They should beat everyone from 51-100 about 95% of the time (and 99% of the time at home). And yet, KU didn't.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Top 100 is a stupid metric for a #1 seed. They should beat everyone from 51-100 about 95% of the time (and 99% of the time at home). And yet, KU didn't.
    *Cough* Neither did Xavier *Cough*

Quote Originally Posted by dethwing View Post
    *Cough* Neither did Xavier *Cough*
    True, we beat such opponents 100% of the time at home. And lost once at a neutral site to #66. Our other four losses came to the top 33.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-13-2018 at 09:06 AM.

Freshman
    Xavier's Record vs 51-100 at Home: 7-0. Opponents were Rider, Marshall, Colorado, East Tenn St., Marquette, St. John, Baylor.
    Really only one, maybe two (Baylor for sure, Marquette maybe) of those was a threat to get an at-large bid. Yeah Marshall is in as an Auto, but that's not the same thing.

Kansas Record vs 51-100 at Home: 4-3. Wins vs Texas, K-State, Baylor, Toledo (2 of those are At Larges, with Baylor again being close). Losses vs Arizona State, Washington, Oklahoma State. Arizona state is in, Ok State was at least in the conversation. Closer than Marquette, but probably not as close as Baylor. I don't know, just my opinion.

So X played 2 bubble teams, Kansas played 3 At Larges and 2 Bubble. Not exactly the same thing. Which just underlines the absurdity of these artificial dividers.

Three losses at home to those teams, only one of which is in the NCAA Tournament.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dethwing View Post
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...caa-tournament

Summary:

Nova 21
    Purdue 4
    West V 2

Michigan State 19
    Duke 7
    Kansas 1

Virginia 16
    Arizona 10
    Kentucky 1

Gonzaga 12
    Michigan 6
    North Carolina 5
    Xavier 4

I really thought we'd be the least popular 1 seed, but Kansas got only one pick. They do realize they only have to play one of Duke/MSU right? The other has to play 2 tough games....
    Love Fran Fraschilla!

And my boy Finklestein! (no idea who he is)
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17