Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Miami, Dayton, UC, X, and Scheduling in the New Era of Basketball

Link

Within a year of his arrival at Miami, the sixth-year athletic director said some programs told him they wouldn’t come to Oxford again.
    “I think it’s a shame. I think it’s important to celebrate rivalries and kind of make a big deal out of them and let fans enjoy them. I’m hoping we can do more things down the road including with Dayton and Xavier in all sports. Why aren’t we playing more often? It doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense, why these schools are telling us they don’t want to play us anymore,” Sayler said.

____

Another great article from Shannon Russell. Also Greg Christopher's summary of Xavier's scheduling philosophy was great.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Miami hasn't had a winning record in a decade. Why would we continue to play them H/H and let them pull down our metrics while they neglect their program? Especially with conference seasons heading for 20 games, there's room for a consistently sub 250 kenpom team as a road game...

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie View Post
    Link

Within a year of his arrival at Miami, the sixth-year athletic director said some programs told him they wouldn’t come to Oxford again.
    “I think it’s a shame. I think it’s important to celebrate rivalries and kind of make a big deal out of them and let fans enjoy them. I’m hoping we can do more things down the road including with Dayton and Xavier in all sports. Why aren’t we playing more often? It doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense, why these schools are telling us they don’t want to play us anymore,” Sayler said.

____

Another great article from Shannon Russell. Also Greg Christopher's summary of Xavier's scheduling philosophy was great.
    Play them at home with no return. Miami gets like 1,000 fans a game. No reason for big time schools to play them home and Home. Kentucky and Louisville would never travel to Morehead.

Sophomore
    There’s no way this guy doesn’t know why we won’t play them. They suck thats why. I also don’t like this guy bashing us publicly/grouping us in with uc when we are playing them this year and we play 4/5 local games every year
    Last edited by scoscox; 09-07-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Only LH considers Miami (OH) to be a major rival.

LH, Miami, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by xeus View Post
    Only LH considers Miami (OH) to be a major rival.

LH, Miami, etc.
    Possibly the greatest thread ever.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    A greater mystery this week is Miami being favored to beat UC. UC won at UCLA last weekend and Miami lost at home to Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    A greater mystery this week is Miami being favored to beat UC. UC won at UCLA last weekend and Miami lost at home to Marshall.
    Normally this would indicate that you should bet the house on Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    It's for the bell

I once heard that X agreed to continue playing the home and home, but demanded a certain amount of money when played in Oxford, and Miami said, "We can't afford that." So the series was cancelled.