Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    If they played San Francisco all the time, they could be champions.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

2017 Cincinnati Reds Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Well, must give the Reds props for being in 1st Place....and its May 8th!
    Agree. I never would have expected this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    On pace to 89 wins right now! I'll take that from this rag tag bunch!
    Actually I think Votto, Peraza, Suarez and Duvall make for a nice core group of guys. IF Hamilton could ever become a more consistent lead off guy, this team could really have something brewing.

Actually I think Votto, Peraza, Suarez and Duvall make for a nice core group of guys. IF Hamilton could ever become a more consistent lead off guy, this team could really have something brewing.
    The one thing the announcers were saying about Hamilton is that in the last week or so he's been working the count, which is something he needs to do to be successful. If he gets up there and is a free swinger, he's gong to hit .240 with a .280 OBP.

Man the Reds just shit the bed the last 5 games. Absolute batting practice today against Garrett. Is it me or do the Reds have a problem developing good young pitchers? Seems there are way more guys struggling and not developing than there should be.

The Reds suck

Your 1st Place Rockies coming to town. Don't want to jinx them but it would appear they have some pitching this year.
    2023 Sweet 16

I have no faith in this ownership, the GM and any coach currently on staff. Castellini ownership has largely been one big disappointment.

Man the Reds just shit the bed the last 5 games. Absolute batting practice today against Garrett. Is it me or do the Reds have a problem developing good young pitchers? Seems there are way more guys struggling and not developing than there should be.
    They turn everyone into a god damn reliever. Lorenzen? First round pick. Stephenson? First round pick. Both relievers. Iglesias, not a draft pick but a big money international signing, is a reliever. Or they get injured a lot...Travieso. Also, the Nick Howard pick was the dumbest god damn first round pick I've seen in awhile.

Garrett will be fine. He probably shouldn't have been up this early in the season. Injuries to vets forced him into the rotation. Although he's 25, he's short in actual experience because he messed around with basketball too much.

I have no faith in this ownership, the GM and any coach currently on staff. Castellini ownership has largely been one big disappointment.
    I think Dick Williams is better than Jocketty was at the end. But God damn, Castellini f*cked this rebuild when he wouldn't go all in on it and wanted to field a "competitive" team with some old, big money veterans on the rosters. The growing pains with the young guys should have began last season and not this year. Look at how the Cubs and the Astros rebuilt. They went to the absolute bottom. They didn't half ass it.