Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast

Filling out the last scholarships (Hankins Commit, Castlin Commit, Welage Commit)

Didnt realize we will still have 4 open scholarships to fill for next season.

Senior - Gates
    Juniors - Q and Jones
    Soph - Naji, Scruggs and Harden
    Frosh - Kennedy, James, Walter

Hopefuly Steele is able to get a grad transfer and a JUCO player. Lookin at the current roster im worried we will be weak at the 5. Jones is always hurt and Walter looks like a project. Any 3-4 star highschool seniors left the havent committed anywhere yet?

All-Conference
    Depth going to be an issue next year. We need 1 (or 2) grad transfers.

Don’t have any information, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw some type of movement/announcement this week or next. However, I do feel that for this next year we are going g to have to give Coach Steele a pass. The 2018 class doesn’t have a who,e lot of promise left in it, but Xavier (according to 24/7 and VC sites) is high on the list of many top 100 players for 2019. Would hope to see a grad transfer and a Juco being added for immediate help next year. Xavier is in the position to promise significant playing time, especially in the forward/center positions.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Don’t have any information, but it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw some type of movement/announcement this week or next. However, I do feel that for this next year we are going g to have to give Coach Steele a pass. The 2018 class doesn’t have a who,e lot of promise left in it, but Xavier (according to 24/7 and VC sites) is high on the list of many top 100 players for 2019. Would hope to see a grad transfer and a Juco being added for immediate help next year. Xavier is in the position to promise significant playing time, especially in the forward/center positions.
    I think Walters will be good by his junior and senior seasons. Need jones to to get his body in shape this off-season. He might be looking at having to play 25-30 min per game unless we go 4 guards with Gates out there. Are there any more kanter brothers?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

All-Conference
    Walters may have to contribute next year. Learning on the job big fella. At a minimum, come in and get some boards.

Junior
    i have a year of eligibility left
    zip em up

Sophomore
    Priority list (from player personnel perspective, only) for Coach Steele has to be:

1) Grad transfer 5
    2) Grad transfer shooter, at any position 1-4
    3) Probably a sit one- play two type guy that will help solidify the F4 team that is the Q, Rique, Naji, Paul core for the '19 team.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    Next man up big fella!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    Sorry, but I think you're going to have to settle for playing goalie in the NHL at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    3) Probably a sit one- play two type guy that will help solidify the F4 team that is the Q, Rique, Naji, Paul core for the '19 team.
    Or it could be a JUCO with two years to play who could help out both years. Those JUCO's tend to not really come into their own (if at all) until their second year, so the right guy (if he's out there) could work out well in this plan.