Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mack

Quote Originally Posted by BigMoeMusketeer View Post
    So ridiculous. Winningest coach in Xavier's history, elite eight, a one seed, a Big East regular season title, and a thread is developed (and, amazingly, contributed to) simply to run him through the mud? Unreal. If you met him and didn't like him, okay I guess, but I'm a little surprised. If you never met him and are just name-calling because of some perception you've made, I think that says a lot more about you than him.
    See above. And coming on here to bash is not different than coming on here to defend him....right? if you dont like it, dont perpetuate it. it is a college basketball message board, afterall.....

He’s going to eventually be in the Xavier HOF, no? All time winning coach, led transition from A10 to BE, solid tournament success, and a BE championship.

Look I’d rather not have to defend Mack. Hopefully by next year we won’t have threads regarding our former head coach. Hopefully we just won’t care because of all the success we’ll be enjoying.

Supporting Member
    Hes a super douche for several reasons and just because he did well as a coach here doesnt mean he is any less of a douche.

Hes a douche for:

Leaving his alma mater and the city he grew up in giving the perception that xavier wssnt good enough for him.

He essentially didnt recruit the last year here because he knew the louisville job was open and he was the best option available.

He met with louisville during the BE tournament and had essentially accepted the job. This is during a time when his full attention should have been on the task at hand with a one seed team capable of playing in its first final four.

Hes a we do what we do type of coach who refuses to make in game adjustments based on what is occurring in the game...see providence, florida state (twice now), nova 10 times etc.

F him.

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    Hopefully by next year we won’t have threads regarding our former head coach.
    Don't hold your breath.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Hes a super douche for several reasons and just because he did well as a coach here doesnt mean he is any less of a douche.

Hes a douche for:

Leaving his alma mater and the city he grew up in giving the perception that xavier wssnt good enough for him.

He essentially didnt recruit the last year here because he knew the louisville job was open and he was the best option available.

He met with louisville during the BE tournament and had essentially accepted the job. This is during a time when his full attention should have been on the task at hand with a one seed team capable of playing in its first final four.

Hes a we do what we do type of coach who refuses to make in game adjustments based on what is occurring in the game...see providence, florida state (twice now), nova 10 times etc.

F him.
    You would accept a new job if it was paying you twice what your current job was paying you.

You would probably not do your job as well if you knew you were leaving said job.

If you had an important meeting coming up with your current company but had a job offer for twice your current salary, you'd postpone an interview?

Arguing that he's a bad basketball coach is, well, bad.

Coaches are normal people, too. He wakes up every morning and puts his pants on one leg at a time like you do. Why isn't he allowed to better his situation? I hate that he left but how can you blame him? Be grateful for what he gave to X and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by GetUp5 View Post
    He wakes up every morning and puts his pants on one leg at a time like you do.
    It's just that when he puts on those pants, he's Chris Fucking Mack! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35jXfsO37kE

I think it's fine that he left, but I wish him nothing but professional misery and personal happiness.

Supporting Member
    You would accept a new job if it was paying you twice what your current job was paying you.

You would probably not do your job as well if you knew you were leaving said job.

If you had an important meeting coming up with your current company but had a job offer for twice your current salary, you'd postpone an interview?

Coaches are normal people, too. He wakes up every morning and puts his pants on one leg at a time like you do. Why isn't he allowed to better his situation? I hate that he left but how can you blame him? Be grateful for what he gave to X and move on.
    My wife tried the same argument with me because I have done most of the above a few times in my career. However, I didnt bend over my alma mater. Excusing him for interviewing during the season while he has a current job I dont understand...he owed it to the kids he recruited to finish the job he was supposed to. Corporate world doesnt apply here.

When I accepted another teaching position and my former employer wanted me to assure I would not stop teaching my current students I was incredibly insulted and considered it unprofessional to even consider otherwise.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

If Mack is on your sideline,you love him.
    If Mack is on the opposing sideline, you hate him.

Pretty much same can be said for JP.
    Pray the Rosary daily