Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

2019-20 Schedule

Here is what I know of that should be part of the upcoming schedule next season:

HOME
    Cincinnati
    Missouri

AWAY
    TCU (Big East/Big 12 Challenge)
    Wake Forest (Skip Prosser Classic)

NEUTRAL
    3 games in the Charleston Classic (field includes UConn, Florida, Miami, Saint Joe's, Missouri State, Buffalo* and Towson)

We should also find out in April or May as to who opponents would be for the Gavitt Games (Big 10 foe) and the inaugural 2019-20 Big East/Big XII Challenge. That's likely going to leave room for 5 buy games at Cintas next season.

*UPDATE: Buffalo is also replacing Penn State in the Charleston Classic. However, their top 3 scorers are graduating from their team that advanced to the 2nd round of the NCAAs.
    Last edited by X-band '01; 04-04-2019 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Added TCU to the schedule

That's an awful field in the Charleston Classic. Thankfully.

It's not as loaded as Maui was, but I could easily see Xavier and Florida on opposite sides of the bracket as the top 2 teams in the event. UConn and Miami were both down last year, and as I noted earlier Buffalo could still be decent but won't nearly be as explosive as they were the last two seasons, especially if Nate Oats moves on to a Power 5 program next season.

I believe we are "out" for the Gavitt Games next year. Greg Christopher was at a coach's show at Delicio and we were talking with him about the schedule and he mentioned that. I think they are trying to shore up an SEC home and home, but have no details that I can recall.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    I believe we are "out" for the Gavitt Games next year. Greg Christopher was at a coach's show at Delicio and we were talking with him about the schedule and he mentioned that. I think they are trying to shore up an SEC home and home, but have no details that I can recall.
    Why do we get the shaft for the Gavitt Games? Aside from a game with Michigan, it's been 2 games with boring Wisc. Now another skipped year, and if they change their mind don't send us to effing Iowa or Nebraska. MSU OSU or screw it.

Please DO send us to effing Nebraska, thanks!

Next year is the 5th season of the Gavitt Games, so my understanding would be that Xavier is guaranteed to be in the event the next three years if they do indeed sit out next season (barring the event being cancelled or restructured) since every Big East school is guaranteed to play in the series a minimum of six times. I honestly think that Chris Holtmann has shown he's not afraid to play in-state foes like UC, so it would make sense for both schools to potentially add a home-and-home series after they finish the OSU-UC series next year when the Bearcats travel up to Columbus.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Please DO send us to effing Nebraska, thanks!
    Speaking of Nebraska, there's more than a 50/50 chance that Brew's favorite coach Tim Miles gets dismissed real soon and that the Huskers quietly have a deal in place to have Fred Hoiberg take over as their next head coach. While the Hoiberg speculation is just that, it's hard to see Miles surviving back-to-back NIT seasons when more was expected of Nebraska this season.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Why do we get the shaft for the Gavitt Games? Aside from a game with Michigan, it's been 2 games with boring Wisc. Now another skipped year, and if they change their mind don't send us to effing Iowa or Nebraska. MSU OSU or screw it.
    We're out for the Gavitt Games because the Charleston Classic messes up the schedule for that.
    Charleston is the week before Thanksgiving, not the week of which most tournaments are.

I predict we'll play Iowa State in the Big 12 Challenge game.
    Would love to do a home and home with Vandy again.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

That's right - I forgot about the timing there. I suppose they could have played on a Monday, but Tuesday would be a travel day for the team.