Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FC Cincinnati

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    No mention yet of the game winning olimpico goal??

I don't know this to be a fact, but I think olimpico goals are about as rare as perfect games in baseball. There have probably been more of them, but there have also been far more soccer games played than baseball games. This was the first time I've actually ever seen one as it happened and not on a replay. It was amazing!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoG_..._BEGwJDAaJg4Lw
    I believe Ledesma had a couple of them in 2018 (I think one was called back).

Hopefully the team can start converting some of their attempts. It feels like we have missed 7 or 8 easy goals since the restart of in market games.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I believe Ledesma had a couple of them in 2018 (I think one was called back).

Hopefully the team can start converting some of their attempts. It feels like we have missed 7 or 8 easy goals since the restart of in market games.
    I believe an olimpico goal is one scored on a corner kick, hence it being a rarity
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I believe an olimpico goal is one scored on a corner kick, hence it being a rarity
    I know. Ledesma did it against Richmond in 2018 https://twitter.com/fccincinnati/sta...465008128?s=21 (0:50 of the highlight)

My other comment was just more talking about that I hope the team starts finishing their chances so we can string some wins together.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    That's exactly what it is. An untouched/unassisted goal on a corner kick.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I don't know this to be a fact, but I think olimpico goals are about as rare as perfect games in baseball.
    I saw a fourth grader do it last weekend.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    I saw a fourth grader do it last weekend.
    Never too early to get that kid into our academy system.