Page 15 of 94 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    the fans I know (and I do live here and have for 30 years) are pretty reasonable
    So all 8 of the reasonable ones live near you?

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Jon “Water Boy” Rothstein with the “Stupid Tweet of the Week”.

“Kentucky's performances against both Evansville and Utah Valley are a prime example of why many coaches HATE buy games. Nothing to gain. Everything to lose. Hard to motivate. #BBN”

Uh, Mickey Cronin worked “Buy games” into a job at UCLA. It certainly wasn’t his performance in the NCAA Tourney.
    I thought he moved to UCLA because he couldn't afford good buy games at UC. Funny how the Bearcats actually have a decent schedule under John Brannen this year.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Just wondering how many of those saying that UK fans are “upset” or “not happy” actually live in KY and have daily dealings with UK fans? Or are they just reading some message boards and some sports opinion writers?

Sure, UK fans want to win the championship every year, and that’s what they feel the goal is every year. But I’m not hearing any conversations from friends and family members calling for Cal’s head or looking to make a change. Only winning the championship every year is going to totally satisfy the most ardent UK fans, but the fans I know (and I do live here and have for 30 years) are pretty reasonable and know that it’s not going to happen every year. They want it to, but they understand that in today’s world that it’s not going to happen. I hear nothing in the way of any negative talk about Coach Cal from the common fans.
    I live in Louisville and my in laws are all uk fans and season ticket holders. They are not happy with cal...I also sell in the lexington territory and deal with uk fans on a daily basis, they aren't happy.

So if UK dumps him, he goes to (insert name of school here).
    Then all the recruits follow him since he can get them in the NBA.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

UK isn't going to dump him. Their fans are just going to grumble about him until they get to another Final Four.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    UK isn't going to dump him. Their fans are just going to grumble about him until they get to another Final Four.
    And then grumble more when they lose in the Final 4 lol.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I live in Louisville and my in laws are all uk fans and season ticket holders. They are not happy with cal...I also sell in the lexington territory and deal with uk fans on a daily basis, they aren't happy.
    the few UK fans that I know are not exactly enamored of Cal. definitely don't want him fired, but they're definitely not totally happy with him

I’ve heard the terms “Flop Warning” and “Class B technical” way too many times in the last two weeks. How long before this isn’t new anymore and the commentators no longer feel compelled to explain it?
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

A Belmont player was t’d up for sticking his tongue out at the crowd after hitting a 3 against Lipscomb. I believe that is a first.

It was a class A technical, BTW.

James Wiseman is being suspended for 12 games, including the two that he's already sat out, and will return to Memphis on January 12th. People who hate Memphis are saying they got off easy and that the NCAA has no backbone. Memphis fans are whining about how they got totally screwed. So, everyone's reaction to this is what most of us would have predicted.