Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Netflix Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    We watched "I'm thinking of Ending Things", Charlie Kaufman's latest film, last night. It probably shouldn't be watched by anyone under 60 years old. It is depressing and exhilarating at the same time, and is the usual Kaufman mind-bender.
    I read a bit about that yesterday...certainly looked interesting, and a bit frightening. Eternal sunshine even though it is incredibly effed up is one of my favorite movies
    Last edited by Xville; 09-10-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I read a bit about that yesterday...certainly looked interesting, and a bit frightening. Eternal sunshine even though it is incredibly effed up is one of my favorite movies
    Tried it for about 20 minutes. Way too going nowhere for my taste. Maybe I'll give it another try. After all I didn't watch the Sporanos at first, because I couldn't stand Tony's mom.

Cuties is now showing on Netflix for all the pedophiles out there.

I don't know if it's the same documentary Xville referred to, but I watched A Social Dilemma on Netflix. Really eye opening, and quite frankly, terrifying. Made me want to throw my kids' IPhones in the trash and buy them flip phones. I don't do any social media apps, but if I was on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram or TikTok, I'd be deleting them immediately. I had no idea how deeply manipulating those sites are.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I don't know if it's the same documentary Xville referred to, but I watched A Social Dilemma on Netflix. Really eye opening, and quite frankly, terrifying. Made me want to throw my kids' IPhones in the trash and buy them flip phones. I don't do any social media apps, but if I was on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram or TikTok, I'd be deleting them immediately. I had no idea how deeply manipulating those sites are.
    Sounds like what I watched..I may have just gotten the title wrong...and yeah it's completely effed up

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Sounds like what I watched..I may have just gotten the title wrong...and yeah it's completely effed up
    Watched that last night. Very unsettling.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Not Netflix...Apple TV. Ted Lasso. Can’t recommend enough. Great writing and acting. Pencil in Jason Sudekis for a best comic actor nomination.
    With all the shit, hostility, and rage that is 2020, this show just makes you feel better. And it’s hilarious.

If someone watches this and doesn’t like it, I’d be absolutely shocked. Enjoy!!

Not Netflix...Apple TV. Ted Lasso. Can’t recommend enough. Great writing and acting. Pencil in Jason Sudekis for a best comic actor nomination.
    With all the shit, hostility, and rage that is 2020, this show just makes you feel better. And it’s hilarious.

If someone watches this and doesn’t like it, I’d be absolutely shocked. Enjoy!!
    "I'll be your Underhill any time" might be one of the greatest lines of all time!
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    "I'll be your Underhill any time" might be one of the greatest lines of all time!
    The lines come at you so fast...there were references to Fletch, Night Court and Back To The Future.

“Ronald Reagan? The actor?” Just so well written and acted. Apple TV currently has a free 7 day trial. So worth it to take advantage and watch Ted Lasso.

The lines come at you so fast...there were references to Fletch, Night Court and Back To The Future.

“Ronald Reagan? The actor?” Just so well written and acted. Apple TV currently has a free 7 day trial. So worth it to take advantage and watch Ted Lasso.
    Anything else on Apple TV worth watching? TIA