Page 262 of 2119 FirstFirst ... 1622122522602612622632642723123627621262 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 21188

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    wow she should go hang out in Venezuela...she'd love it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    But "her people" were here first.
    Lol - thanks for making me spit out my drink in laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    40k to diggins works in some cities but not in Phoenix. Are we on this board so short sighted that we don’t see the world has changed. I bought a house at 23 on 36k but that was 19 years ago. That was 19 years of inflation and wage stagnation.
    This is why I think that minimum wage should be tied to cost of living. A $15 minimum wage would be devastating to rural businesses, but if you have it reflect living costs in each area, it would be far more beneficial, get more people off the government dole, and not hurt business in those areas where there is a lower cost of living.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoX View Post
    This is why I think that minimum wage should be tied to cost of living. A $15 minimum wage would be devastating to rural businesses, but if you have it reflect living costs in each area, it would be far more beneficial, get more people off the government dole, and not hurt business in those areas where there is a lower cost of living.
    I think there should be a federal minimum wage of about $10.50 with automatic annual increases tied to CPI. And then individual states and cities should be (and are) free to do whatever they want to move it higher in their particular areas.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoX View Post
    That is a damn good idea. For Xville, find me a city to work in that has a lower cost of living that Phoenix has. For a top 15 population city, the COL is very reasonable. $40k does not cut here and hasn't cut it here for about a decade. The world moved past that salary, companies still pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Sen. Warren's plan to redistribute wealth if a company is too successful.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...oos-hard-left/
    "The federal government would then dictate to these businesses the composition of their boards, the details of internal corporate governance, compensation practices, personnel policies, and much more. Naturally, their political activities would be restricted, too" This is a quote from your posted article in the national review just for citation.

I want to know what the "much more" is. Basically, her plan seems to be an attempt to reel in sky rocketing executive compensation packages that are unique to the USA. There are other a few countries that exceed 100-1 but the USA is well over 300-1. How many on this chat board are aware how much we pay board members of corporations and what they actually do? Google is your friend here.

Board members don't generally make a whole lot for their service on a board.

Warren is a fucking nut.

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    Lol - thanks for making me spit out my drink in laughter.
    Yes. Public reps in addition to the green dot already provided.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    "The federal government would then dictate to these businesses the composition of their boards, the details of internal corporate governance, compensation practices, personnel policies, and much more. Naturally, their political activities would be restricted, too" This is a quote from your posted article in the national review just for citation.

I want to know what the "much more" is. Basically, her plan seems to be an attempt to reel in sky rocketing executive compensation packages that are unique to the USA. There are other a few countries that exceed 100-1 but the USA is well over 300-1. How many on this chat board are aware how much we pay board members of corporations and what they actually do? Google is your friend here.
    I actually agree that executive compensation is totally out of whack, especially for a corporate steward of a well established corporation, versus a Bezos or Jobs who created fundamental new ways of doing business / developing products. Someone who ascends the corporate ladder to take the helm of a Fortune 50 that has been around for a long time cannot do it without a strong management team around them, as well obviously as a solid workforce.

For that matter, Wall Street compensation is mentally checked out as well, and has been for a long time.

In a perfect world, in a very different period of time, had Carnegie, Rockefeller, Ford, Frick, et al been more compassionate, had they valued the human resource more - that wasn't going to happen in that era, unfortunately - we wouldn't have unions today.

All that aside, Warren is a buffoon. It is amazing that people like Pelozi and Warren rose to visible positions. They truly are remarkably stupid people.
    X A V I E R

Warren isn't stupid. Not even close. Just nuts. Smart and nuts is a dangerous combination.