Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    UC has a really good team this year but they’re finding out what it’s like to have a target on their backs when ranked so high. Does X ever excell when ranked high in hoops?
    You can't spell sUCks without UC!

I wish they'd stop calling it a playoff. It's not a playoff. It's at best an invitational. It's exclusive and not inclusive. When nearly half the teams t don't have a direct path to the "playoff" and are simply left out and not played off, then it's not a playoff. FBS football is the only college sport in any of the three divisions, including all other levels of football at the FCS, D2, and D3, that does not give all the teams a direct path to the so-called "Playoff." That's why it really isn't a playoff. Hell, I can't think of another sport in the world that simply leaves half of its teams out. San Marino has a direct path to the World Cup. They'll probably never get there, but they are actually played off. Mississippi Valley State is likely the worst team in men's college basketball, but they still have a direct path to the NCAA Tournament and the Final Four. They still get to play until they're eliminated. UC, and nearly half of FBS football, has no direct path at all. If you don't think that's a sham then I don't think you understand one of the core principles and concepts of sports.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

After losing at home to Kansas(!) and falling to 4-6 on a four game losing streak, the SEC is going to rescind the invitation to Texas, right?
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Can UC blow this? Seems unlikely. They're gonna get in.

We had at least 3 games today with scores that were in the neighborhood of 50-0 at halftime. The OSU vs Michigan State game was VERY surprising, but some of these blowouts baffle me as to why they are even happening. Well, I understand it’s about money, of course, but can’t they do better than that?

Utah is 7-3 and #23. Currently crushing #3 Oregon 35-7.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Utah is 7-3 and #23. Currently crushing #3 Oregon 35-7.
    Utah was favored by 3.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Can UC blow this? Seems unlikely. They're gonna get in.
    I dunno. If Oklahoma state wins the next two, I think they will be in…if Georgia beats bama, bama may be out but don’t underestimate the idea that notre dame will be picked ahead of uc.

Committee will do everything they possibly can to keep uc out. With all that said, beating houston isn’t guaranteed.

I think there is a decent chance for uc to get in, but lots of games to still be played.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Committee will do everything they possibly can to keep uc out.
    Unpopular opinion - just put UC in the playoff, for the sake of the legitimacy of the playoff and the sport of college football. Live up to the contention that the playoff is open to every team & conference and not just an invitational for a select handful of teams & conferences.

I wish it was a UCF or BYU crashing the playoff, but it just happens to be UC this year. For the long-term health of the sport, let a team outside of the usual suspects in for once.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

The Committee didn’t see this coming:

1. Clumpson and the ACC falling apart.

2. The Ducks getting “laoranged”.

3. Alabama possibly getting knocked out via Georgia.

Ohio State is rolling. Georgia is for real. Both of these teams would beat UC (depth across the board).

Does UC deserve a shot? No, not with that schedule. Yes, because they did what they had to do (win).

We’ll see.
    X A V I E R