Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    Wrong?? Maybe.

Out of line?? No.

It's an internet message board. Sometimes it's fun just to stir the pot for the sake of stirring the pot.
    yea, i don't mind it. who cares? i said their loss to ohio state was disappointing and one of them jumped down my throat for that, saying they could "take a dump at half court and forfeit every game" and i'm not allowed to say anything lol they could do well with people taking them down a peg every now and then

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    It's an internet message board. Sometimes it's fun just to stir the pot for the sake of stirring the pot.
    #snipe

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    I read HOH all the time, and the other BE fans almost totally are very complimentary of what X has brought to the league. Some, mostly Nova fans, didn't appreciate your trashing their team this year, and they responded in kind against YOU. For those of you who haven't read that board, go there and you will see that other than responding to Xuperman's claims that Nova shouldn't be the top dog preseason, virtually all league fans are respectful of all their fellow fans and very appreciative of Xavier.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

I guess proper fan board etiquette, ESPECIALLY as it pertains to Nova, is above my pay grade because if by factually stating that their roster is unproven and freshman heavy is considered "trashing", they clearly were warranted in attacking the ENTIRE HISTORY of our program.

I simply blasted back on some dudes on a message board for doing it...them personally NOT their team. I see a clear difference between the two.

Really surprised that more here don't feel offended about those "eggs-avier" type insults continuing to have life considering the last 20 years.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 11-17-2019 at 06:49 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Until Xavier beats Nova on a regular basis and/or is winning national titles like Nova, you have to expect that kind of reaction from their fanbase. You can be rah-rah-Xavier-sis-boom-bah all you want, but it's naive to think their fans won't respond in kind.

Just eat your losses now and don't go down the LH path to the Dark Side.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post

Really surprised that more here don't feel offended about those "eggs-avier" type insults continuing to have life considering the last 20 years.
    Anyone using “eggs-avier” type insults at this point needs new material. If you are going to be trading words with any of our opponents, I dont Think the Nova fan base is your best option. We lose to them 80% of the time, so it seems like you’re barking up the wrong tree.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    I read HOH all the time, and the other BE fans almost totally are very complimentary of what X has brought to the league. Some, mostly Nova fans, didn't appreciate your trashing their team this year, and they responded in kind against YOU. For those of you who haven't read that board, go there and you will see that other than responding to Xuperman's claims that Nova shouldn't be the top dog preseason, virtually all league fans are respectful of all their fellow fans and very appreciative of Xavier.
    This is exactly how I see it.

XUP, I love and respect your enthusiasm and love for Xavier, but I believe you took that thread a little too personally, Gumby and those guys actually do respect Xavier a lot, as do most other BE fans.

The number of "shades" of perception and commentary on message boards could rival the number of shades of paint you see in a Lowe's or Home Depot.

Xavier's program has nothing to be ashamed of, even with its lack of F4's and no NC's. But you don't want to drive into a conversation like that in general, let alone based on early season perceptions and data. Nothing has been proven yet this year. Ironically, once upon a time Oklahoma crushed Nova at the beginning of the season and then Nova obliterated the Sooners in that year's F4 on their way to a NC. Consider that an anecdotal reason for not going down the "we're better than you on paper this time around" road,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and anonymity allows posters to post some rather amazing things. HLOH has been much more about camaraderie than anything else, and certainly as compared to the nonsense we used to have to put up with on the A10 board.

I say we stay focused on achieving our 2% and the rest of it will take care of itself.

Stay passionate, but don't read too much into the Nova guys trashing Xavier. They were defending their program. And they have the ammunition to do just that.
    Last edited by xudash; 11-17-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member
    The east coast fans tend to look down their noses at the Mid West Schools, in both the BIG East, and A10. We showed the A10, and we will show the Big East who we are. I think we have done pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I guess proper fan board etiquette, ESPECIALLY as it pertains to Nova, is above my pay grade because if by factually stating that their roster is unproven and freshman heavy is considered "trashing", they clearly were warranted in attacking the ENTIRE HISTORY of our program.

I simply blasted back on some dudes on a message board for doing it...them personally NOT their team. I see a clear difference between the two.

You didn't do ANYTHING wrong. And the "eggs-avier" comments are simply eggnorant. I'm not insulted by such a feeble response (Child, Please).

I admit to never visiting that board and might have even responded the same way as you. I just would have chalked it up to them defending their recently butt-hurt program and me defending mine. Yeah it sucks but our day will come.

Not to hijack the thread, but when some here get frustrated with the play and don't simply say,"A win is a win" or "Any win is a good win" (which I don't necessarily disagree with) but worry that if these things don't get fixed, it will take Xavier longer to get to the place where we will be able to respond with righteous indignation and back it up.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Xavier is a great program but we aren't on Nova's level. Got a long way to go.

You cant expect them to respect you when you give them grief for one bad game. How many times has X been run out of the gym by Nova?