Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Recruiting next steps?

They got Parrom. Good job. Fills our #1 need for that class.

1 schollie left. Need a PF.

Chris Braswell just took a trip to Maryland. Anyone hear anything? Obviously, he didn't commit, but he's stated that he intends to take all his visits. Maryland is still mixed up with 3-4 other 4/5 star PFs from that class. He may not be their #1 position need, or their number 1 prospect for the positions they need. Like to know where he sits with them.

Charlotte has been rumored to be one of 2 expected finalists for Braswell, XU being the other. They have already signed a PF for this class, although he's listed at 6'6", and might be more of a SF. Anyone have any insight into what Charlotte needs / wants. Is Braswell their priority?

Braswell would likely get to play PF at XU, with the current size we have on the roster. Anyone know if thats his intent? Anyone know how deep Charlotte and Maryland look at center?

We also have the big Russian kid Kyryl Natyazhko. He's the big time sleeper, with seemingly no connections in the US. His list of schools is eratic, including XU, Baylor, Miami (FL), and LSU. No extended list. Just these 4 teams. No elite programs, or mid major programs on his list. 4 different conferences represented. Does ANYONE know anything else about this kid? I'm intrigued, and would like to see him if it isn't Braswell. Anyone know if there are any eligibility concerns for this guy?

James Still is "still" in the mix, or so it shows on Scout.com. Not sure if hes been to campus or plans on it. His list is mixed, and he's made a visit to Duquesne (which is either very encouraging for Dusquesne or very concerning for XU).

Tevin Baskin is still out there, but I think he's a pure SF, but in theory so is DBrown who has been great as a PF.

Andre Gillette is a 2 star PF from Pilly with interest from XU, SJU, Temple and VTech. Thats decent company to recruit against, and reminds me of Jason Love recruitment.

Any others on the radar?

My top pick is Braswell, followed by the Russian.

Who knows more about the situation(s)?

Braswell is visiting Charlotte for their midnight madness (I'm not 100% sure of the date but it is a week before we do our thing). To continue my streak here, I will predict that Braswell is a Muskie sometime during the week after his visit to Charlotte.

xu95

I think my top pick is the Russian, followed by Braswell. I wouldn't worry too much about Maryland at this point. Gary has even more trouble keeping a quality player in state than he does staying sober during the offseason. Wait a minute, maybe there's a connection...
    I think Charlotte and Xavier are the two for Braswell, who I'd obviously be excited to get, but I have a really good feeling about that giant Russian. I think he's going to be a great player. I may just have a tendency to lean towards Russian athletes though. Ever since the Caps drafted Alexander Ovechkin I've planned on adopting Russians and turning them into badass football and hockey players. They're very tough and very loyal, so I would be reciprocated down the line. Yes, I'm definitely investing in a Russian.

Supporting Member
    You can get all the information you need for a mere $9.95/month (or $100 annual) at Rivals.
    Brian Snow does a great job of updating all the recruiting.

A Parrom, Braswell, Crawford class would be lights out. A new player in the Braswell sweepstakes is VA Tech. My gut tells me Braswell is XU bound, but I would take him or Kyryl in a heartbeat. Parrom fills the most pressing need and Braswell will be the icing.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Sophomore
    Maryland's #1 prospect is C/PF Jordan Williams. He has said to have had a great time on his visit and is a Maryland lean, but he is a late bloomer and I would expect him to take some more time to evaluate his recruiting.

Charlotte definitely wants Braswell. Sherrill is a small-ish PF and could play SF in college. I see them putting the full court press on Braswell and push him for a verbal on his visit.

IU has interest in Braswell but they also have 500 PF committs in the 2009 class. He is going to visit them but I highly doubt he goes to IU.

Va Tech could be a good fit for Braswell. They can offer him the ACC and immediate time at the PF spot.

I think the staff feels confident that they are going to get either Braswell or Kyryl. Also I would not be suprised if the big boys come after Kyryl hard. He has been out of the country all summer and with coaches going to high school open gyms, I'm sure the IMG academy in Florida is going to be getting crowded soon.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

I would love to get Braswell.

The Russian scares me based on what happened to Odia. I think foreign recruits are just a risky bunch.

How long has the kid been in the US?

We have nothing to worry about in Maryland. VA Tech on the other hand, might come in at the last minute. The draw of the ACC, even in the water downed Wake Forrest is a football power, ACC, is still strong.
    Award Winning Poster Since 2015

I think XU is still listed as interested in Jordan Williams, but he's officially listed as a C by scout. Maybe we should press on him a bit more if you think Maryland is looking at him as a C / PF.

Back to Braswell. Does he want to be a PF or Center. His video, style of play and size indicate that he could be either a C or PF. Would he NEED to be moved to C for a team like Charlotte or Maryland or VT? At XU, with love and Frease, I think it's safe to assume he'd be a PF.

I agree that the Russian kid is a good sleeper. We need to get him on campus soon. I fear that if he really is under the radar, then a team like Texas or Kansas or Kentucky or UCLA or someone will swoop in.

Nothing thrills me more on this board when people talk about recruiting and the Rival-Heads get upset!

As if because they pay a Buck 20 a year no one else can talk about recruits that anyone can find on non-paying pages with a little time and research.

I have nothing against Snow and a little entrepreneurship and hard work, but he didn’t invent the wheel and there are many ways to attain information about Xavier recruits. I also have nothing against the people who pay for the site, there is a lot of information to be viewed on Rivals.

But remember, just because a former player on a NBA team walked past a recruit in a hallway, don’t think Rivals is the only one who is going to know about it and that info!
    Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise!