Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    It’s been crystal clear Greg Christopher doesn’t care about the women’s basketball program. I also don’t believe he cares about the Student Athlete having a good Xavier experience while attending this University. If he did, He would have dug deep into Neals program and pulled it inline years ago. He was well aware of the issues behind Neal’s negative coaching techniques with these kids. I think the board of trustees should send out a mailer and survey the women’s basketball team from the past 6 years to see truly how they were treated and what response and care Mr. Christopher had given them. That would be interesting for sure. I think the Board and Mr. Christopher would learn a great deal with this exercise.

It’s been a difficult season for this team. But, I’ve heard from a few Of their aau/high school coaches that Coach Moore truly cares about these kids and that the culture is much better regardless of wins / losses. Send out those surveys:)

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    I just hope Christopher took notes on how the women's soccer program improved - they went from the basement to the top of the Big East in a relatively short period of time.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    I just hope Christopher took notes on how the women's soccer program improved - they went from the basement to the top of the Big East in a relatively short period of time.
    +1 agree it's better to look forward. Also, the Big East is a competitive women's league but it's not on the same level as it is in men's basketball. There is upward mobility in the standings with even modest improvement. (Easy for me to say, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by HomerCecil View Post
    I'm just skeptical that anyone who would let Brian Neal be in charge for six years is truly invested in the program.
    Unfortunately, I feel like this decision was motivated by money. X is not going to fire someone, pay them the rest of their contract, and pay a new coach at the same time for women's basketball. Now, Christopher absolutely should be criticized for hiring Neal in the first place. I have concerns about his decision making, and that was obviously a mistake. X absolutely must get it right the first time, or they'll be waiting for the contract to run out to make a change. I hope Coach Moore works out, however, I'm a little concerned about 2 wins so far this year. I don't know what they would do if this occurred on the men's side. Hopefully we never find out.

Supporting Member
    I think you should give coach Moore a chance to recruit some talent before putting a curse on her. Go to a game or two she can coach. She just needs some shooters.

Geesh. You don't turn around a program that's been down for the last several years in your first year. Give her at least 2 years before you start to critique. She needs an opportunity to get some of her players in and change the culture.

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Geesh. You don't turn around a program that's been down for the last several years in your first year. Give her at least 2 years before you start to critique. She needs an opportunity to get some of her players in and change the culture.
    Only speaking for myself, but I’m in no way criticizing Coach Moore. I am only saying that I hope she’s being given the budget and resources on par with the other Big East schools so that she’s on a level playing field. Women’s basketball is no longer the stepchild program it used to be at most schools in power conferences. I think she needs three years at least - she has quite a hole to dig out of. Pulling for her.

Women start tourney play this afternoon against Nova:

https://goxavier.com/news/2020/3/4/w...villanova.aspx
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Women start tourney play this afternoon against Nova:

https://goxavier.com/news/2020/3/4/w...villanova.aspx
    Man they have a worse record than the men do against Nova.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Freshman
    Xavier falls, 64-56 in OT (after tying it at the buzzer at the end of regulation on a nice step-back three-pointer) to wrap up the season 3-27. Most of the gang should be back next year.