Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Is this a comment on anyone besides seton hall? depaul's attendance has been bad but that's always been the case. everyone else i've seen has been packed. nova, butler, and st. john's all have smaller arenas than us.
    No, I meant overall. The expense just to put on a game is substantial. Travel cost, lodging, staff, facilities. If they aren't drawing more ticket sales it must be concerning. Not sure what you'd consider acceptable, but I'd want more than what's being listed. But even beyond the overhead, I'd be concerned about how the brand comes off on TV or to watching recruits. If you know sales are low for a game it's easy enough to give out tickets to a charity or school to fill the stands a bit more.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    No, I meant overall. The expense just to put on a game is substantial. Travel cost, lodging, staff, facilities. If they aren't drawing more ticket sales it must be concerning. Not sure what you'd consider acceptable, but I'd want more than what's being listed. But even beyond the overhead, I'd be concerned about how the brand comes off on TV or to watching recruits. If you know sales are low for a game it's easy enough to give out tickets to a charity or school to fill the stands a bit more.
    So you're talking about Depaul? lol. Depaul has to be losing money. Maybe the tv deal is enough to cover it

Looks like the tax payers could be losing money as well. My company used part of the McCormick convention center next to Wintrust and rented out arena for an evening function. Talk about a dull area of Chicago.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/taxpa...e-projections/

18-0 was a nice run, but the Blue Demons visit the Hawkeyes tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    18-0 was a nice run, but the Blue Demons visit the Hawkeyes tonight.
    Yep. Rubber meets the road, so it'll be interesting. There's already a week two thread ready and waiting.