View Poll Results: Should we have a Wall?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 56.41%
  • No

17 43.59%
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wall

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    I've lived in Muirfield since 1992 and the Muirfield Assn. refuses to allow walls/fences, etc. However, I live in abject fear each spring, summer and fall that deer will come into my yard and eat our hostas and infect me or my family with Lyme disease. Also, I fear that my neighbor's leaves will blow into my yard and make me spend too much time cleaning up after him. Finally there are small children living nearby and I'm fearful that they will run into my yard and bite me. So, I am going to the next Muirfield Assn. meeting and insist that I be allowed to build a wall around my entire yard for these reasons and that they MUST pay for it.

I'll let you all know how that turns out.
    You do live in a free country where you can move to a different neighborhood. Sure seems like a lot of rules for you to have to follow. You must enjoy following the rules(laws) of this neighborhood. Maybe if some homeless people move in, they might put up a fence to keep them out Or would you just welcome them with open arms.

Today's fun:

“This should have been done by all of the presidents that preceded me, and they all know it,” Trump said during a news conference on Friday. “Some of them have told me that we should have done it.”

On Monday, former President Jimmy Carter joined the three other living former presidents in confirming that Trump lied about the claim.

“I have not discussed the border wall with President Trump, and do not support him on the issue,” Carter said in a statement through his presidential center.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I think you'd be hard pressed to find people even among the left who would deny that. If he's anything he's a genius with the media
    Huh? He is an idiot with the media. He lies an average of 10 times a day, then gets mad when they call him on it.

P.S. Mods - can we move to politics thread where this belongs?
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 01-07-2019 at 08:10 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Sophomore
    Being truthful does not equate to being good at media. In fact it’s usually an inverse relationship. But he is undeniably good at dominating media and demanding attention. He’s in the wwe hall of fame, had one of the most popular network reality shows of all time and dominated New York headlines basically his whole life. He had billions in free media in the election. He’s good at it

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonoran Desert Muskie View Post
    Walls on the border certainly do work. A wall will not eliminate illegals and drugs from entering the country, but everywhere on the border where a wall has been constructed there has been a marked reduction in illegals and drugs entering the U.S. Not sure if it’s the best use of resources to build a physical wall along the entire length of the border, but it will reduce illegals and narcotics coming here.
    So what you’re saying is “if we have border walls, only illegals will cross borders”? Is this like “if we have gun laws, only criminals will have guns.”?

Here’s an interesting read:
    https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...ized-migration
    General conclusion: walls only work to divert illegal migrants.

Again I ask, is the wall really the best use of money to solve a problem, or a is this a political stunt? Will it actually make the problem worse because now the public will think we have a solution?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Quote Originally Posted by X-ROX View Post
    You do live in a free country where you can move to a different neighborhood. Sure seems like a lot of rules for you to have to follow. You must enjoy following the rules(laws) of this neighborhood. Maybe if some homeless people move in, they might put up a fence to keep them out Or would you just welcome them with open arms.
    You need to relax Jackson. It's a freaking joke. I was actually making fun of this entire thread, which is also a joke.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by X-ROX View Post
    To keep people from entering or leaving..... quite a difference. Kind of like apples n oranges.
    Again, a joke.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by vee4xu View Post
    You need to relax Jackson. It's a freaking joke. I was actually making fun of this entire thread, which is also a joke.
    Sorry.Didnt realize that

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-deter-illegal

Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) said Tuesday that President Trump's proposed wall along the southern border is not the best solution to curbing illegal immigration.

"I don't like walls. I don't want to wall people in and wall people out," Paul said on CNBC's "Squawk Box."

"I don’t want free, open borders either," he continued. "I think you have to remove the incentives for people to come."

“My fellow Americans, tonight I’m misspeaking to you....”

Lol that’s his opening.
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen