Page 1433 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 433933133313831423143114321433143414351443148315331933 ... LastLast
Results 14,321 to 14,330 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Here’s my feeeligs on that…. You know you could just not ingest the fentanyl? That’s still possible, right? Sorry but if people are choosing to put fentanyl in their body, that’s their problem and I don’t think dollars should be spent on keeping that from coming in. Call me crazy, but i think money should be spent on the reasons for why people think it’s a good idea to out fentanyl in their body. In other words—-we have to do more in terms of mental health, outreach etc in this country. Stop putting bandaids on shit.
    Let's just make it legal and tell people not to take it..problem solved. You know most fentanyl overdoses are accidental, right? Remember the opioid crisis that was spinning our of control 10 years ago? Well, the US government took steps to mitigate the flooding of the market by going after the pharma companies and it worked. It's quite possible to attack the supply lines and offer outreach at the same time. My feelings are that I would rather send more support to our southern border than hire 80,000+ tax collectors.. To each their own.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I assumed you knew who Janet Yellen is in my first quote. My bad. She's the United States Secretary of the Treasury.

Here's some backup from the Fiscal Times regarding the agents and who they will be auditing.

https://www.thefiscaltimes.com/newsl...lass-Taxpayers
    Janet Yellen is a partisan hack who called Inflation “Transitory”. Forgive me if I have zero confidence in anything she has to say. Our economy is in such SUPERB SHAPE NOW! But hitch your wagon to someone who is correct about things as often as Paul Krugman.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Sophomore
    Speaking of zero - didn't Biden just tell us yesterday that "inflation was at zero"?

That's really strange, so why does he feel the need to pass the "Inflation Reduction Act"?

Politics Thread

If Bari Weiss’s comments are correct, the NYT should rebrand themselves the Democrat Party Times. I know some will immediately discount this because it’s being reported by Fox News. They’re simply reporting what Bari said in her podcast.

In a nutshell, the Times was considering running an Op-Ed by Senator Tim Scott, a black Republican. A senior staffer at the Times suggested they run it by Senator Schumer before publication. WTF? That apparently did not happen, but the Op-Ed never ran.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ny-tim...ari-weiss-says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bjf123; 08-12-2022 at 11:59 AM.
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    If Bari Weiss’s comments are correct, the NYT should rebrand themselves the Democrat Party Times. I know some will immediately discount this because it’s being reported by Fox News. They’re simply reporting what Bari said in her podcast.

In a nutshell, the Times was considering running an Op-Ed by Senator Tim Scott, a black Republican. A senior staffer at the Times suggested they run it by Senator Schumer before publication. WTF? That apparently did not happen, but the Op-Ed never ran.

Which is exactly why the Liberal but ultra fair Journalist Bari Weiss resigned from her Editor position at the New York Times.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post

NYT said it never happened.
    2023 Sweet 16

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Thank Gawd for Joe Manchin who saved even more inflation. Even the last stimulus plan was too big because it contained $375 million to state & local governments to bail them out.
    This. And now the Inflation Reduction Act will become law with Joe Biden's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    NYT said it never happened.
    What do you expect them to say? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    This. And now the Inflation Reduction Act will become law with Joe Biden's signature.
    The “Inflation Reduction Act” that almost all economists say will do nothing to stem inflation.
    Even the press knows it. Almost every story is calling it a “Climate & Healthcare” Bill.
    The lying and misrepresentations of this Adminstration are astounding.
    Two quarters of negative growth aren’t a Recession anymore, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    The “Inflation Reduction Act” that almost all economists say will do nothing to stem inflation.
    Even the press knows it. Almost every story is calling it a “Climate & Healthcare” Bill.
    The lying and misrepresentations of this Adminstration are astounding.
    Two quarters of negative growth aren’t a Recession anymore, huh?
    I’m sure if everything was the same right now except Trump, or any Republican, was in office, the lead story from every MSM outlet would be how bad the recession is.