Page 1394 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 394894129413441384139213931394139513961404144414941894 ... LastLast
Results 13,931 to 13,940 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    I fail to see how an open border policy contributed to this since they were all in the country illegally. It's not that the border was open. It's that it was closed and they came across anyway. Had they not been here illegally they probably wouldn't have felt compelled to pile into the back of a truck the way that they did.

I'm not saying it wasn't a tragedy and I'm not trying to assess the blame. All I'm saying is I fail to see how you're connecting those two dots of open borders and what happened.
    Biden is tacitly, if not openly encouraging illegals to come across the border. The idea that the border is closed is a farce. Who is the government flying and busing all across the country?

Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    Biden is tacitly, if not openly encouraging illegals to come across the border. The idea that the border is closed is a farce. Who is the government flying and busing all across the country?
    Even if what you say was true (which is A LOT to just suppose), then it's obvious the people that the government are helping out by flying and busing all over the country did not include the 51 people who died crammed into the back of an abandoned truck.
    Last edited by xubrew; 06-30-2022 at 10:26 AM.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

I fail to see how an open border policy contributed to this since they were all in the country illegally. It's not that the border was open. It's that it was closed and they came across anyway. Had they not been here illegally they probably wouldn't have felt compelled to pile into the back of a truck the way that they did.

I'm not saying it wasn't a tragedy and I'm not trying to assess the blame. All I'm saying is I fail to see how you're connecting those two dots of open borders and what happened.
    You should know better by now than to try and inject common sense into these types of discussions.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Even if what you say was true (which is A LOT to just suppose), then it's obvious the people that the government are helping out by flying and busing all over the country did not include the 51 people who died crammed into the back of an abandoned truck.
    It is true. And yes it did not help those people.

A sound border policy and not encouraging people to come to the US illegally might have helped them.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Sophomore
    Oh, the humanity!!!

10 minutes of Democrats denying the presidential election results of 2000, 2004, and 2016:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/stat...d-will-spin%2F

In print, with links to sources:

https://thelibertydaily.com/here-are...ead-will-spin/

Sophomore
    The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is preparing to cite the United States’ largest oil field for violating ozone pollution standards, a move that will threaten the end of oil and gas production in the region.

According to the Texas Governor’s Office, the proposed regulations will directly affect the Permian Basin, the largest oil field in the United States, accounting for 95,000,000 gallons of gasoline per day or 40% of the oil produced domestically.

This would be just one more move from Biden’s administration to impact the lives of every American by reducing the fuel supply and causing gas prices to soar well beyond Biden’s record of $5 per gallon.

https://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eA...&RIN=2060-AV68

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...urbs#xj4y7vzkg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/202...rices-soaring/

Joseph Stalin Biden is a complete idiot who obviously hates America.

Supporting Member
    I have decided to become a 1 issue voter, and that issue is to abolish the 4th of July and replace it with Independence day. Independence day will be the first Thursday in July each year, and much like Thanksgiving, everyone will get the Thursday and Friday off so it is always a 4 day weekend. If you can promise me that, you will have my vote.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I have decided to become a 1 issue voter, and that issue is to abolish the 4th of July and replace it with Independence day. Independence day will be the first Thursday in July each year, and much like Thanksgiving, everyone will get the Thursday and Friday off so it is always a 4 day weekend. If you can promise me that, you will have my vote.
    I'm in only if all fireworks displays are required to start with a viewing of Bill Pullman's speech.
    Official XUHoops Resident Legal Scholar.
    (Do not take this seriously)

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    I’m down… may go to two issues though if they can also promise me to not do the daylight savings to standard time switch and vice versa ever again

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I’m down… may go to two issues though if they can also promise me to not do the daylight savings to standard time switch and vice versa ever again
    That is actually starting in Nov of '23

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-...23-2022-03-15/
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens