Page 1378 of 2113 FirstFirst ... 378878127813281368137613771378137913801388142814781878 ... LastLast
Results 13,771 to 13,780 of 21128

Thread: Politics Thread

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XU_Lou View Post
    oooh, "insane links".... sounds ominous....

Well, we could always just go to Larry Hogan's website and get his opinion, because, you know, we can't think for ourselves...
    Lol you’re hilarious. Says the guy who is the Member of the Alex Berenson, gateway pundit and Breitbart fan club.

I used hogan as an example of the type of politician we need.. someone who is pragmatic and makes decisions based on reasoning, not looking up what the “platform” is and then regurgitating it. Something you are a huge fan of.
    Last edited by Xville; 06-15-2022 at 05:54 PM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Lol you’re hilarious. Says the guy who is the Member of the Alex Berenson, gateway pundit and Breitbart fan club.
    Wow, have you been working on that one for a couple of days!?! You gotta love your originality!

Sophomore
    I used hogan as an example of the type of politician we need.. someone who is pragmatic and makes decisions based on reasoning, not looking up what the “platform” is and then regurgitating it. Something you are a huge fan of.
    You mean, YOUR platform, right?

Edit: What a total and complete sanctimonious phoney.... oh yeah, you and your milquetoast hero's opinions are all so impartial and magnanimous...
    Last edited by XU_Lou; 06-15-2022 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    The top spreaders of misinformation in just a brief window of time. 49 million tweets:

https://techpolicy.press/researchers...2020-election/
    Remaining fixated on an event…that is over…from almost 2 years ago while the country burns from the guy who was “elected”.
    Typical head in the sand idiocy.
    By the way, when will Stacy Abrams admit that she lost the Georgia Gubernatorial election?
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 06-15-2022 at 06:19 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

2 - as for banning more drilling on federal land...there are 9000 existing federal leases unused. Wouldn't it seem reasonable to use those that can be productive first?
    3 - perhaps there are some oil executives (like the robber barons of old) who should be held accountable for price gouging. That seem at least reasonable enough to consider in the face of recent pricing/profit realities
    2 - I could be wrong, but it’s my understanding that even if you have a lease, you still need a permit to drill and the Biden administration has effectively stopped issuing those. If they do issue them, it takes a LONG time to actually get them.
    3 - We’ve seen this play before. Congress has called the oil company CEO’s to testify a number of times when prices have risen quickly, accusing them of “price gouging”. What happened every time? Not a damned thing, because they’re not gouging. All it does is prove that Congress is clueless about supply and demand, and how businesses actually function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Supporting Member
    The top spreaders of misinformation in just a brief window of time. 49 million tweets:

https://techpolicy.press/researchers...2020-election/
    Why are you so obsessed with trump?

Sophomore
    From Saleha Mohsin of Bloomberg News:

"Some Biden officials privately express concern that rather than dissuade the Kremlin as intended, US sanctions have instead exacerbated inflation, worsened food insecurity and punished ordinary Russians more than Putin or his allies"

(Bloomberg) -- The US government is quietly encouraging agricultural and shipping companies to buy and carry more Russian fertilizer, according to people familiar with the efforts, as sanctions fears have led to a sharp drop in supplies, fueling spiraling global food costs.

Meanwhile, the Ruble has strengthened significantly against the dollar. Wasn't it supposed to do the opposite?

What a total cluster....

https://twitter.com/SalehaMohsin/sta...97238340603904

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-qu...161813278.html

https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/RUB...e-history.html

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    2 - I could be wrong, but it’s my understanding that even if you have a lease, you still need a permit to drill and the Biden administration has effectively stopped issuing those. If they do issue them, it takes a LONG time to actually get them.
    3 - We’ve seen this play before. Congress has called the oil company CEO’s to testify a number of times when prices have risen quickly, accusing them of “price gouging”. What happened every time? Not a damned thing, because they’re not gouging. All it does is prove that Congress is clueless about supply and demand, and how businesses actually function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    This!! ^^^^^^
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Why are you so obsessed with trump?
    I'm just trying to understand how the majority of a major political party believes a lie.
    Technically it's fascinating. And yes, it has consequences.
    But the pure ability to convince millions of people in a lie, is quite a feat.
    Massive exposure through twitter and the media from a select number of sources seems to be one answer.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    I'm just trying to understand how the majority of a major political party believes a lie.
    Technically it's fascinating. And yes, it has consequences.
    But the pure ability to convince millions of people in a lie, is quite a feat.
    Massive exposure through twitter and the media from a select number of sources seems to be one answer.
    That’s where stats can say whatever one wants then to say and why I think these types of polls are mostly crap. I highly doubt the majority of republicans believe this and this is an example into what caf was saying in his post. These type of things are thrown out for clicks, and thus further consumption of polarizing one sided nonsense that causes more division in this country.