Page 84 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    I don’t think the NIL money will have much impact on the one and done players once they’ve picked their school. It’s the guys one step below that who will likely transfer at the drop of a hat when another school comes up with a better NIL offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Quote Originally Posted by XUBison View Post
    Why do they need to shut up and adjust? Because they make money?
    THAT'S EXACTLY WHY!!! Have you never had to adapt to rule/policy changes at any of your job? This isn't a hard concept, adapt or get left behind.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

I'm sorry you'lve had to adjust and start selling that seltzer shit. That's worse than any adjustment these coaches need to make!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I'm sorry you'lve had to adjust and start selling that seltzer shit. That's worse than any adjustment these coaches need to make!
    Charge a premium and rake the money in, easy to adapt ;)
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

So, when does the portal close? Or does it? Is there a point where you have to make a decision to move on or stay? What if no one wants you and the program you were at doesn't either? Are you just done? I really just want to know when I can stop caring about whether or not X might get a surprise portal player.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    So, when does the portal close? Or does it? Is there a point where you have to make a decision to move on or stay? What if no one wants you and the program you were at doesn't either? Are you just done? I really just want to know when I can stop caring about whether or not X might get a surprise portal player.
    Players can no longer enter the portal without having to sit next year. Not sure if there is and when it is that players have to be committed to a new school. I would guess in time to be registered for classes at the start of the semester?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Players can no longer enter the portal without having to sit next year. Not sure if there is and when it is that players have to be committed to a new school. I would guess in time to be registered for classes at the start of the semester?
    Yeah at this point anyone who enters would have to get a waiver to play right away (unless they are a grad transfer?). They can commit whenever, there is no "closing date" for the portal (lol), but obviously timing makes a difference as to when you are eligible. Seems like most players figure out what they are doing by August.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    It is interesting, there has been more talk about the players who get left in limbo. They have to go juco or step down to D2 I guess. Or just end up somewhere they really didn't think/want to be at. With HS recruits incoming and more transfers going in/out of rosters there isn't always a spot for everyone.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by XUMIOH12 View Post
    It is interesting, there has been more talk about the players who get left in limbo. They have to go juco or step down to D2 I guess. Or just end up somewhere they really didn't think/want to be at. With HS recruits incoming and more transfers going in/out of rosters there isn't always a spot for everyone.
    There's also a bit of a bubble due to an extra year granted for COVID. Just a glut of available talent for the next few years
    zip em up

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BandAid View Post
    There's also a bit of a bubble due to an extra year granted for COVID. Just a glut of available talent for the next few years
    Good point. Only players who were true freshman last season don't have the extra year option moving forward.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17