Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Time for all of Ohio to become Guardians Fans! Young exciting team with a depth of young talent & pitching.
    I hate the demise of the Reds, but……
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Time for all of Ohio to become Guardians Fans! Young exciting team with a depth of young talent & pitching.
    Stay focused here MOR! This is a Reds thread. You have 2 of the posts on here so far, and both are about the Guardians. Your Guardians are legit this year, and have an impressive offense. How about starting your own thread to celebrate the younger Ohio baseball team and let us wallow in the misery of this epicly poor Reds team without a Guardians update every 10th post on the thread?
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    While I am not a Reds fan, I will never ever root for the Guardians. As someone who grew up in New England, I am a lifelong Red Sox fan. Let the hate begin!!
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    Stay focused here MOR! This is a Reds thread. You have 2 of the posts on here so far, and both are about the Guardians. Your Guardians are legit this year, and have an impressive offense. How about starting your own thread to celebrate the younger Ohio baseball team and let us wallow in the misery of this epicly poor Reds team without a Guardians update every 10th post on the thread?
    Oh, Nuts, I will.
    Look, and you know this, the Reds were my first love and you never forget your first. First MLB game in Crosley Field, first favorite Minor league player in Johnny Edwards, used to stay up as a kid listening to Ed Kennedy & Jim McIntyre on WLW. First favorite MLB player in Ted Kluzewski.
    Reds will always be my fav National League team and the Indians, being the closest American League team to Louisville was always my fav there.
    I always see a Reds - Cleveland game up here and went to one in Cincy this year with Grandson.
    Hope the Reds can recover.

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    While I am not a Reds fan, I will never ever root for the Guardians. As someone who grew up in New England, I am a lifelong Red Sox fan. Let the hate begin!!
    “Sweet Caroline” is the most inane song to play at a baseball game ever.
    Boston fan should be canceled for that alone!!
    It ain’t “So Good, So Good, So Good” :-(

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    Is it better at a basketball game? It gets played at every home X game.
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    Is it better at a basketball game? It gets played at every home X game.
    Sweet Caroline gets played at every X home game? That would be shocking to me if true. I seriously cannot recall that. I could just be completely oblivious to it maybe as I neither love or hate the song.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TJa3TTVPfI - any time I hear that damn song I am conditioned to do this, Pitt and the Red Sox have it as tradition, how gross.

But back to the Reds, man they are brutal, this is what you get when you ship out the entire roster in the off-season, they went all in on the shortened season a couple years ago and that unfortunately didn't work out. Also, if what Castellanos is saying is true where the management didn't even call him to be like "hey you're out of our budget" then wow, that's just sheer incompetence through and through. It sucks because some pieces like Greene and Lodolo have a lot of potential, but they're stuck on a roster that at this point looks lucky to win 70 games.

Sophomore
    I would if they werent called the gaurdians. Has to be one of the worst names in pro sports

Quote Originally Posted by xuwillie View Post
    I would if they werent called the gaurdians. Has to be one of the worst names in pro sports
    I kinda agree with you on that, but thank the “wokesters”.