Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Athens and UGA are tough to beat but Dabo and Clemson are the hot school right now for the best players in the country.

Clemson is super hot right now. We toured there with our younger son and my wife is from the general area. The town is tiny. Not nearly as nice as Athens. BUT, if you are all about football, it would be hard to argue against.

Clemson has about 3 restaurant/bars to choose from. It’s not much more than Hyde Park. Maybe even less.

Supporting Member
    I think some of you are thinking what you would like now, not your 18 year old self...at that time all I would care about is weather,hot girls, and the money bag.

Junior
    Ohio State. You're at a top 3? Program that won't see the competition that SEC schools do. So that should mean you will look better and have a better shot at getting drafted while every year being right in the thick of things for playoffs.

*Coming from a Michigan fan..

Junior
    I would still pick ND. Yeah, South Bend sucks as a town, but you're a 50 min train ride from Chicago. You're on national tv every week. And if your career goes south, you have an excellent education, invaluable contacts, and if you apply yourself at all, you're set for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I think some of you are thinking what you would like now, not your 18 year old self...at that time all I would care about is weather,hot girls, and the money bag.
    Yup. Clemson, Southern Cal, Miami, Florida State, Texas, and Bama would be my top 6, whichever bag man wants to pay up the most would probably decide it, though Clemson does have a water slide in their facility, wouldn't mind a water slide.

If those are your criteria, think Gamecocks. Better than Clempson, and closer to the beach.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    I would still pick ND. Yeah, South Bend sucks as a town, but you're a 50 min train ride from Chicago. You're on national tv every week. And if your career goes south, you have an excellent education, invaluable contacts, and if you apply yourself at all, you're set for life.
    Maybe half of the audience tuning into the nationally televised ND games are watching on a color TVs.

An 18 year old would only consider going to ND if his goal was to market a mall walking sneaker.

Hawaii
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    If those are your criteria, think Gamecocks. Better than Clempson, and closer to the beach.
    Plus Columbia is a sleeper of a really good town. I'm a fan.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell