Page 537 of 2085 FirstFirst ... 3743748752753553653753853954758763710371537 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 20842

Thread: Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Thanks for playing suckers, you got robbed again.
    Yup. All the talking points are bullshit. They didn't even have to start a war for this one.

They should all be drug out in the street and shot.

Junior
    Why can't those corporations get a second job? Or save some money for a rainy day? Or stop buying avocado toast?

Why do billionaires hoard wealth and then get billion dollar bailouts?

Why doesn't the government require an equity stake in those classes corporations they're bailing out?

This experience is turning me into a communist (no joke). If you think communism means food for the privileged and bread lines for everyone else, I've got something to tell you about late-stage capitalism, buddy.

I'll give someone my check if they can find the details of this thing before it's on Trump's desk. Oh and the Federal Reserve is now buying corporate debt and paying BlackRock to do it. The guy who hired them used to work there. That was barely a headline.

Fun fact, the top 4 airlines spent $42B on stock buybacks since 2014 which was more than their free cash flow over the period $37B. That's only a good idea if you know Uncle Sam is your rainy day fund.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Fun fact, the top 4 airlines spent $42B on stock buybacks since 2014 which was more than their free cash flow over the period $37B. That's only a good idea if you know Uncle Sam is your rainy day fund.
    Disgusting.

Can I copy this to Facebook?

Supporting Member
    These bailouts feel a lot different than 2008 where we were bailing them out from a self inflicted wound. Instead this feels a lot more like a government taking situation, where for the greater good of society the government has essentially shut down bars, restaurants, hotels, and airlines.
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Junior
    I'd argue that the stock buybacks are the self-inflicted wound. That's and I recognize that the airline industry needs to stay alive. That's why I'd be in favor of an equity stake in them in exchange for funding. That will never happen in this administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by STL_XUfan View Post
    These bailouts feel a lot different than 2008 where we were bailing them out from a self inflicted wound. Instead this feels a lot more like a government taking situation, where for the greater good of society the government has essentially shut down bars, restaurants, hotels, and airlines.
    I'm with you. No one was counting on a pandemic shutting down the country. This isn't moral hazard like in '08.

Quote Originally Posted by smileyy View Post
    I'd argue that the stock buybacks are the self-inflicted wound. That's and I recognize that the airline industry needs to stay alive. That's why I'd be in favor of an equity stake in them in exchange for funding. That will never happen in this administrator.
    I hope that never happens with any administration.
    Balls of Steele!!

I WILL say that the corporate world better not whine about it the next time their tax rate goes up. We should change the name taxes to "government dividends".