Page 41 of 46 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    All-Conference
    Does anyone have the balls to get in on a cruise stock?

If a company like Royal Caribbean goes below $20 (highs of $130 this year) or Norwegian goes below $5 (highs of $65 this year)....are these companies really going to go under? Will the government step in? I think when this is over, Americans are going to go vacation crazy.

Airlines too perhaps... but it will get worse before it gets better I’m sure. Might wait for rock bottom then hit them up depending on election results.

Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post

If a company like Royal Caribbean goes below $20 (highs of $130 this year) or Norwegian goes below $5 (highs of $65 this year)....are these companies really going to go under? Will the government step in? I think when this is over, Americans are going to go vacation crazy.
    People are going to go vacation crazy, but on a cruise ship?!? I don't know, my personal opinion is that they might as well go ahead and sink those boats.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Not quite.
    It's up about 1/2 of 1 %.
    Maybe you're talking about when he got into office. The close on 11/08/2016 was 18,322.74

I do not have those level of balls. Still think $0 is possible especially if the fed decides it has bigger problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Maybe you're talking about when he got into office. The close on 11/08/2016 was 18,322.74
    I was talking about the day he took office.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I remember when Citi was about a buck a share in 2008. I didn’t have the balls then, either. My $10k then would have been a hefty chunk a couple months ago. Citi was a safer bet than a cruise line, and I passed on that.

Supporting Member
    This guy should probably go to jail:

https://twitter.com/robertfaturechi/...236359168?s=12
    "If our season was based on A-10 awards, there’d be a lot of empty space up in the rafters of the Cintas Center." - Chris Mack

Futures hit limit down within 10 minutes.

Are there any 3x, 4x, 5x (or higher) plays out there right now? Good companies you know will rebound?

I remember last recession Fifth Third got down to $1.
    I have added to a couple of existing financials and started a few small positions in a couple others. I have heard #toomanytofail used for this crisis so I am spreading my bets out hoping that most of the companies survive.

I bought an oil services sector ETF (OIH) at the beginning of this because it was the cheapest sector to begin with and was probably the most punished early on. Then it got hammered again so I bought more. Then it was chopped into tiny pieces and fed to sharks. The shark shit was collected, dried and set on fire. The ashes were dumped off a cliff. I'm down 67%. Don't take my advice on anything (except that you shouldn't take my advice).

My best move was buying the cloud computing ETF SKYY. I do like its potential in the future, but what I like most is that I can look at my portfolio and say, "The SKYY is falling!!!!" and not be branded an alarmist.

It's the little things.
    No, I be concubining.