Page 40 of 83 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    I thought Hanson could play next year.
    He and Kennedy are both still listed on Xavier's roster.
    Hanson will absolutely be eligible, BUT will he take up a scholarship? I thought I read somewhere last summer he will be on scholarship.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Hanson
    Marshall
    Scruggs
    Q
    Jones
    Kennedy
    James
    Hardin

5 incoming: Tandy, Freemantle, Bishop, Ramsey and Miles

Walk on scholarships are given year to year.......pretty sure subject to change

Makes 13 total. Im sure there is going to be some movement with the current roster......we have room right now for at least 1-2 players

Quote Originally Posted by XU3232 View Post
    Hanson plays very hard in practice and has a lot of intensity. Steele actually mentioned it recently in a presser when Shannon Russell asked him about Myles getting a scholarship this year. I think Steele also mentioned he can embarrass guys if they aren't playing hard... but he's still not going to be playing meaningful minutes in games.
    When Hanson was brought up earlier in this thread, people were posting the usual speculative insight. Sirthought had stated that he was not promised a scholly but again did not indicate how he knows this.

Here's something I've always wanted to know. Why is there always so little first hand info about what goes on in practice and behind the scenes? I know a lot of you here are alumni with close ties with the BBall program. Even if the practices are closed to the public, I would think some of you guys are permitted anyway. What about connections with people inside the athletic department? One would think something like whether Shrand holds a scholarship or not would be a clear yes or no.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-10-2019 at 09:48 AM.

I could certainly see James transferring based on a lack of playing time. No clue what’s going on with Kennedy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

The whole Kennedy thing is very strange. From decommitting to recommitting to now a leave of absence.........

I think we saw glimpses of kid who has some talent but clearly needs work and development. If I had to guess I wouldn't be surprised to see him closer to home at smaller school next year

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    The whole Kennedy thing is very strange. From decommitting to recommitting to now a leave of absence.........

I think we saw glimpses of kid who has some talent but clearly needs work and development. If I had to guess I wouldn't be surprised to see him closer to home at smaller school next year
    I wouldn't be surprised either but this is a good example of lacking first hand info. One can only assume he is still planning to return for next season because nothing has been said publicly by X otherwise. He must have been given the chance to take care of business at home and somehow retain his scholarship.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-10-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised either but this is a good example of lacking first hand info. One can only assume he is still planning to return for next season because nothing has been said publicly by X otherwise. He must have been given the chance to take care of business at home and somehow retain his scholarship.
    All reports are that he is still in school. You cant leave and not be enrolled in school. Pretty sure that's a of requirement to play D1 athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Here's something I've always wanted to know. Why is there always so little first hand info about what goes on in practice and behind the scenes? I know a lot of you here are alumni with close ties with the BBall program. Even if the practices are closed to the public, I would think some of you guys are permitted anyway. What about connections with people inside the athletic department? One would think something like whether Shrand holds a scholarship or not would be a clear yes or no.
    So you want first hand info posted on the internet available to all? As soon as that happens with any kind of sensitive info, those "sources" go away immediately.......Think about it

Didn't we use to have a poster who had a son that was a team manager?

That'd be some inside information.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.