Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    I don't see an appropriate thread for this question so here goes: I am planning to attend tomorrow from CT, is there a pre-game meeting place for Xavier fans in Providence?
    I am making a similar drive as well. I'm not positive if there's another place but I'm planning on heading to Union Station Brewery for the official Alumni meet up.
    https://www.evensi.us/boston-pregame...wery/287673857
    Run the table.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! (since we're making Animal House references)

Besides - we got 'em right where we want them. The old Xavier sneak attack! Classic.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Not to nitpick but we won 5 straight a-10 titles. 6 if you count tournament titles.

Forget it he’s rolling
    I am not one to let facts get in the way of my argument, but I think your facts actually help my argument!! So I am with you brother.

DEFEND THE TITLE!!!
    Last edited by Snipe; 02-23-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor! (since we're making Animal House references)

Besides - we got 'em right where we want them. The old Xavier sneak attack! Classic.
    For all the references of Xavier sneaking up on people over the years, well this is the most appropriate time. I personally don't believe that anyone takes us lightly, but what the hell, lets sneak up on some people!

Freshman
    We can all think of similar sneaky runs in our history. We are 5-8 & to go 4-1 to end 9-9 may be my best Cinderella hope. Then at least 1 BE Tourney win. At 9-9 we should avoid Wed game. To the rah rah crowd thinking we can keep streaking to a 10- 8 finish - 🌟😉

Quote Originally Posted by WCWIII View Post
    1000% behind this thread of Snipe (can't believe I'm saying this). I'm very much part of the silent majority here that loves this team and any Xavier team. Full support from me from Hawaii through New York and beyond. We are in the Big East ... the biggest negative has been some of fans seem still stuck in the A-10 mentality. I was embarrassed when former great Darnell Williams called out the "haters." How do we best be part of something that still has hope from 10th place to possibly be 3rd place? Or to play ourselves in out of nowhere come a Wed in New York - it's to get behind this coach and hard working team. Or would you rather be in third place right now ..... in the - it was right for us at the time, no disrespect - A-10?
    Sometimes I like to think that with pure will and courage, and a tremendous ingestion of rum, that I can spur the troops to victory with my dramatic broadsides.

Well seeing as how we just played our best half of basketball of the season in our road win against Providence, it only encourages such behavior.

So I want to extend a deal to our players from the Xavier fanbase.

Not the Xavier fanbase that says you guys suck, or that this year is a disaster or is already over. If you want you can read some of that trash on many other threads. This isn't one of them.

I want to extend a deal from the REAL Xavier fanbase, the "silent majority" spoken about by WCWIII.

If you guys can beat Seton Hall, which is a big deal, I promise that I can deliver you the best home crowd of the season against Nova. From tip to finish, from head to tail, you will get a home crowd that is off the hook.

Now you guys probably knew this anyway. And you would get a great home crowd either way, because Xavier basketball is what we do, and we fans like to do our part. But you win against the Hall, it will ratchet it up a notch, and this becomes a huge game.

Xavier fans are hungry for a huge game. Two games in a row is good, but three games in a row is a winning streak. Seton Hall is huge. You come back into the Cintas on a winning streak to go up against Nova for what would become a statement game? OFF THE HOOK!!

We want to help you in any way we can. We can't help you at Seton Hall. You guys have to find a way to do that on your own. If you do, my compact with you is that I will deliver the best Xavier Home Crowd of the season. And I guarantee it.

OFF THE HOOK. NO HOLDS BARED. TIP TO FINISH

We will deliver this for you. Beat Seton Hall. Do This Now.

This Season Is Not Over.

DEFEND THE TITLE!!!
    Last edited by Snipe; 02-18-2019 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Sometimes I like to think that with pure will and courage, and a tremendous ingestion of rum, that I can spur the troops to victory with my dramatic broadsides.

Well seeing as how we just played our best half of basketball of the season in our road win against Providence, it only encourages such behavior.

So I want to extend a deal to our players from the Xavier fanbase.

Not the Xavier fanbase that says you guys suck, or that this year is a disaster or is already over. If you want you can read some of that trash on many other threads. This isn't one of them.

I want to extend a deal from the REAL Xavier fanbase, the "silent majority" spoken about by WCWIII.

If you guys can beat Seton Hall, which is a big deal, I promise that I can deliver you the best home crowd of the season against Nova. From tip to finish, from head to tail, you will get a home crowd that is off the hook.

Now you guys probably knew this anyway. And you would get a great home crowd either way, because Xavier basketball is what we do, and we fans like to do our part. But you win against the Hall, it will ratchet it up a notch, and this becomes a huge game.

Xavier fans are hungry for a huge game. Two games in a row is good, but three games in a row is a winning streak. Seton Hall is huge. You come back into the Cintas on a winning streak to go up against Nova for what would become a statement game? OFF THE HOOK!!

We want to help you in any way we can. We can't help you at Seton Hall. You guys have to find a way to do that on your own. If you do, my compact with you is that I will deliver the best Xavier Home Crowd of the season. And I guarantee it.

OFF THE HOOK. NO HOLDS BARED. TIP TO FINISH

We will deliver this for you. Beat Seton Hall. Do This Now.

This Season Is Not Over.

DEFEND THE TITLE!!!
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Supporting Member
    I know its basically cliche to say this since it is said every year, but the bubble is incredibly weak this year. According to Lunardi, Florida is in right now, Butler is just barely out. Xavier can very well play itself into the tournament over these next few weeks...5-0 and heck even 4-1 could possibly get it done.

Regardless, I feel a lot better about the direction of this team going forward due to the last two wins. If the effort continues thru the next 5 games, I'm going to tell myself the results are second with eyes on the positive future of the program.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I know its basically cliche to say this since it is said every year, but the bubble is incredibly weak this year. According to Lunardi, Florida is in right now, Butler is just barely out. Xavier can very well play itself into the tournament over these next few weeks...5-0 and heck even 4-1 could possibly get it done.

Regardless, I feel a lot better about the direction of this team going forward due to the last two wins. If the effort continues thru the next 5 games, I'm going to tell myself the results are second with eyes on the positive future of the program.
    If we’re playing this game. (I think best case scenario over the next 5 is 3-2). But let’s say 4-1, to get us to 17-14 with a win over Nova. We get the 4 or 5 seed in the tournament. Beat Hall in the first game. Marquette in the second game, lose to nova. That puts us at 19-15, with marquee wins over Nova, Marquette, and next best being SJU. Maybe that would do it. Who knows. But let’s just win 3 in 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I know its basically cliche to say this since it is said every year, but the bubble is incredibly weak this year.
    Indiana was still in the Tournament until they lost their 10th game in 11 outings. So yeah, it's weak.