Page 66 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by muskiefan82 View Post
    Earl the Pearl, George Gervin, A.J.English, and Rick Mahorn were pretty good
    Dennis Rodman

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Dennis Rodman
    Let's only name guys that made it to the league once the 1 and done rule was implemented. Naming guys that played in the 70s, 80s and 90s is irrelevant.

Robinson from Michigan played 1 year of d2 then 3 at Michigan. Had 3 years to develop against D1 talent. Taking on a d2 grad transfer only gives you a few months to learn the system and gel with teammates.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Let's only name guys that made it to the league once the 1 and done rule was implemented. Naming guys that played in the 70s, 80s and 90s is irrelevant.

Robinson from Michigan played 1 year of d2 then 3 at Michigan. Had 3 years to develop against D1 talent. Taking on a d2 grad transfer only gives you a few months to learn the system and gel with teammates.

In Robinson’s first year at Michigan, after transferring from the D3 level, not D2, he averaged 11, 3.5 boards and 2 assists. I’d say it’s easier for a shooter to keep shooting when he takes a step up in competition, but Hankins was playing a level up, was the NPOY, and many have stated he would’ve gone at least MAC if he wasn’t from northern Michigan and didn’t get hurt his senior year of HS. He’s not going to be Kanter, but he should contribute on both ends of the floor.

Bob Dandridge

Wasn't Hankins a likely d1 recruit until he got hurt?
    Last edited by muskiefan82; 06-12-2018 at 07:11 PM.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

I agree one and done has made it more difficult for D2 players. However, I think it’s more about when and how a kid leaves high school. Scottie Pippen was only 6’2”ish when he entered D2 Arkansas St and was drafted at 6’7”. As someone mentioned, Zac broke his foot (actually twice) and scared a lot of recruiters.

Sophomore
    That would be equivalent to mediocre D 1 player

Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by noteggs View Post
    I agree one and done has made it more difficult for D2 players. However, I think it’s more about when and how a kid leaves high school. Scottie Pippen was only 6’2”ish when he entered D2 Arkansas St and was drafted at 6’7”. As someone mentioned, Zac broke his foot (actually twice) and scared a lot of recruiters.
    Again, I never said he wouldn't be good. I just said he wasn't going to come in here and be an al conference guy. It's a legit concern since our 1 experienced big has constant knee issues and can't play for long stretches. Hopefully offseason conditioning and weight loss can correct that.

Sophomore
    Does mediocre = good?

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Does mediocre = good?
    Serviceable