Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Yes seeds matter. Especially first game and history also says the lower seeds win more often. Now I don’t want to be an 8/9 or even a 1 seed. I like the 3/4 7/10 seed. Feel like those are good seeds to have an upset occur and you end up playing the higher seed like when LeHigh beat Duke
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    One of these things is not like the other.
    Yep, seeding definitely matters. If you don't think it matters, you don't know anything about college basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yep, seeding definitely matters. If you don't think it matters, you don't know anything about college basketball.
    Tell every one seed that loses before the final four that their seed mattered. Literally no matter what you say you can't tell me that a one seed mattered to any one seed that misses a final four. They supposedly get the easiest draw and play closest to home. If they lost then the seed did not matter. How can anyone say otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Tell every one seed that loses before the final four that their seed mattered. Literally no matter what you say you can't tell me that a one seed mattered to any one seed that misses a final four. They supposedly get the easiest draw and play closest to home. If they lost then the seed did not matter. How can anyone say otherwise
    What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    I can say otherwise....Your premise seems to be based on a tournament with only one #1 seed. No one says being a 1,2 or 3 seed guarantees winning the championship. Even if a 1,2 or 3 seed wins, there are 11 other teams with such a lofty seed that didn’t win it all.

However, based on xupauls’s stat above, the one that says 29 of 33 winners were either a 1,2 or 3 seed...leads me to believe your chances improve if you can secure one of the top 3 seeds in a region. I am not disagreeing with you, I’m just telling you - you are just plain wrong. Statistically speaking, your seed matters greatly.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it
    Best response ever. One of the best movies ever. Public and private reps.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by nuts4xu View Post
    I can say otherwise....Your premise seems to be based on a tournament with only one #1 seed. No one says being a 1,2 or 3 seed guarantees winning the championship. Even if a 1,2 or 3 seed wins, there are 11 other teams with such a lofty seed that didn’t win it all.

However, based on xupauls’s stat above, the one that says 29 of 33 winners were either a 1,2 or 3 seed...leads me to believe your chances improve if you can secure one of the top 3 seeds in a region. I am not disagreeing with you, I’m just telling you - you are just plain wrong. Statistically speaking, your seed matters greatly.
    I guess seeds matter but not for the causation reason you seem to be implying. Top seeds don't cause teams to do well in the tournament. Rather, the best teams secure the top seeds and one from the group of best teams almost always win the title (while a dozen or so similarly situated teams lose). If instead of giving the 12 best teams from the regular seasons the top seeds you told them they had to play the tournament in pink uniforms, at the end of the tournament you would be saying, "you know, over the years, teams that wear pink uniforms really do well in the tournament. Pink uniforms matter. They matter a lot. Statistically speaking, pink uniforms matter greatly."
    Last edited by muethibp; 01-12-2018 at 08:03 AM.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by SemajParlor View Post
    Really? They were both incredible games. South Carolina and Oregon. I guess everyone's different. I value a S16 appearance over winning the BE.
    I've asked about a dozen active college basketball fans I know in the past few days and literally not one could name all four teams from last year's final four.

Quote Originally Posted by muethibp View Post
    I've asked about a dozen active college basketball fans I know in the past few days and literally not one could name all four teams from last year's final four.
    Well that's just silly. I question how "active" of fans they really are.