Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Jeezus H Cripes, the kids a 4 Star and had offers from Michigan among others. Last time I checked, Beilien was a pretty good coach.

How picky have we become?
    Well, the 39.5% he shot from 3 last spring/summer would only barely be the best on the team for all of last year.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Well, the 39.5% he shot from 3 last spring/summer would only barely be the best on the team for all of last year.
    Correct.. but next year is even more important considering we lose Tre and JP. The fact that Scruggs seems to be shooting better than expected is great news too.

Jermaine Harris to Rhode Island! Every crystal ball prediction this summer has been spot on, except the one that predicts a kid going to Xavier! That's the way this summer of recruiting has gone for X.

Who is left? Saddiq Bey? 247 has him to NC State now...

The staff needs to get their mojo back. It's been an forgettable recruiting year. Hopefully it doesn't negatively impact X down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    That's also coming in, if he's a workhorse and in Cintas all hours of the day, and really works to improve his game, he could shoot even higher. I know we shouldn't play into the star game too much, but you'd have to believe that a 4* means plenty of potential!! I definitely like this get, we should let him get to campus and play some before judging, I mean hell, half of the board wanted to complain about Q when he was first getting his feet wet, now look! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Jermaine Harris to Rhode Island! Every crystal ball prediction this summer has been spot on, except the one that predicts a kid going to Xavier! That's the way this summer of recruiting has gone for X.

Who is left? Saddiq Bey? 247 has him to NC State now...

The staff needs to get their mojo back. It's been an forgettable recruiting year. Hopefully it doesn't negatively impact X down the road.
    Ugh, damnit lost out to Rhode Island? Seems like we haven't caught much of a break this class. Hopefully Bey sees something special we're building and decides to come to X. I guess if this class is bad, we can always build on 2019. It'll hurt, but at the end of the day, we still have opportunities to get great talent to X, and our level of play will definitely help influence that. Let's hope we have a monster year, and spark up some interest down the road for some recruits!

What will the recruiting scandal fallout be? Decommitts could be falling out of the trees.
    2023 Sweet 16

Without knowing all the ins and outs about the kid going to Rhode Island, it surprises me that we would lose a recruit to the A10.
    Absent things like, he saw a lack of possible floor time here (and things like that) is it at all possible that Book's association with us years ago, is being used against us?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbiemcgee View Post
    What will the recruiting scandal fallout be? Decommitts could be falling out of the trees.
    We want recruits from programs that were benefiting from illegal payments? I'd rather have a bad recruiting year than a tainted good one.

Still troubled by losing out on decent post prospects. If Mack believes as I do that the last piece in a FINAL FOUR roster is a solid center, but can't land one for X, he'll be gone sooner than later. He's still driving a Buick until we land or develop a really good 5.
    It's a still great day to be a Muskie, but a sad day to be a supporting member of this board.

[QUOTE=Emp;598804]We want recruits from programs that were benefiting from illegal payments? I'd rather have a bad recruiting year than a tainted good one.

QUOTE]

Thinking more along lines of coaches getting booted, not 5 stars getting paid.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    We want recruits from programs that were benefiting from illegal payments? I'd rather have a bad recruiting year than a tainted good one.

Still troubled by losing out on decent post prospects. If Mack believes as I do that the last piece in a FINAL FOUR roster is a solid center, but can't land one for X, he'll be gone sooner than later. He's still driving a Buick until we land or develop a really good 5.
    I really really really don't think in any way, shape, or form that Mack will be gone because we couldn't land a center. If he leaves, it's for his own personal reasons, I tend to believe we have the potential to knock down the door to the Final 4 this year, and we don't have a "really good 5", if O'Mara continues to develop like he did in the tournament, and Jones continues to develop, I don't see why we couldn't do it with our loaded roster. I believe Mack loves his alma-mater, and would love to be the first coach in X history to bring us a Final 4. I don't have facts, just pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Without knowing all the ins and outs about the kid going to Rhode Island, it surprises me that we would lose a recruit to the A10.
    Absent things like, he saw a lack of possible floor time here (and things like that) is it at all possible that Book's association with us years ago, is being used against us?
    His family and the assistant coach(coach in waiting when Hurley bolts for a better job after this year) have been family friends for 25 years