Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarrid Famous

Currently residing in Section 105, Row J, after 17 years in Section 104, Row I
    However notice that Arizona is on his list. I'm so glad that Miller is so true to his word about not going after Xavier recruiting targets. What an upright guy!
    Xavier always goes to the NCAA tournament...Projecting anything less than that this season feels like folly--Eamonn Brennan, ESPN (Summer Shootaround, 2012)

Quote Originally Posted by X-man View Post
    However notice that Arizona is on his list. I'm so glad that Miller is so true to his word about not going after Xavier recruiting targets. What an upright guy!
    Really? Do we actually have to go through this again?

Go through what???? the fact that Sean Miller is a piece of dung? I think we will have to go through it the rest of our lives.

If Brown leaves then Jarrid could be our starting PF...at least 25 minutes a game. And lead us to the final four. Then he'd be Famous ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    Go through what???? the fact that Sean Miller is a piece of dung? I think we will have to go through it the rest of our lives.
    It sucks. But anyone on here questioning his recruiting just because he targets someone he may have talked to at XU is nuts. I think he might want to win out there, not sure, but I think so.

Also, I just wanted to make it clear that it really pisses me off as well, I was so ready for next season and I feel like my fan hood heart has been ripped out. By no means am I on "his" side.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    It sucks. But anyone on here questioning his recruiting just because he targets someone he may have talked to at XU is nuts. I think he might want to win out there, not sure, but I think so.
    Well, if he wants to win, why is he going after guys that considered little, old Xavier? Shouldn't he be able to get good players now that he's coaching in the desert?

I can't complain Miller recruiting these guys. Unfortunately it's the way the game is played most most coaches. Granted, some like Skip seemed to be above the stuff we see so often in the college coaching world. But that difference is part of why we loved Skip and always will...and part of the reason why Sean Miller is a douchenozzle.

I'm starting to really think people are bending Miller's words in ways he never even came close to intending them to mean. Everything I've heard suggests he actually liked it here and it was a struggle to leave. Maybe it's just me, but I'm past the hating Miller phase, and moving on to the supporting Mack phase.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Don't feel bad, some people here just can't take the Xavier blinders off for two seconds and come to terms with the harsh realities of college basketball. They waited a long time for Xavier to become one of the big boys, but don't want to play by the big boy rules when they don't necessarily favor them.

Quote Originally Posted by PMI View Post
    Don't feel bad, some people here just can't take the Xavier blinders off for two seconds and come to terms with the harsh realities of college basketball. They waited a long time for Xavier to become one of the big boys, but don't want to play by the big boy rules when they don't necessarily favor them.
    Pretty much sums it up. I'm sure that a situation like this will favor us sometime in the future (to some extent it has--Crawford and Tutu), no one will be complaining then.