Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarrid Famous

Jarrid Famous

Center
    Valhalla (NY)

Ht: 6-foot-11
    Wt: 240 lbs
    Class: 2009 (Junior College)

Surprised this Famous hadn't been posted. He's been in the mix for quite awhile, although kinda on the back burner I guess.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/14/f...south-florida/

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/03/07/f...ns-at-memphis/

Famous is a 6-foot-11 center from Westchester Community College who is leading the NJCAA in rebounding at 14 per game and ranks No. 5 in scoring at 24 points per game.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/02/12/p...to-get-famous/
    Last edited by MADXSTER; 03-23-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    Balls of Steele!!

This guy originally signed with Hartford out of high school. He seems to have developed quite a bit over those two years judging by schools interested currently. Obviously another talented option. Anybody have any general information about his game? He doesn't exactly look 240 off his photo from Zagoria's blog.

My limited and uninformed belief is that Kyryl would be preferred. I know we are also still looking at Bryant possibly. Any other big men out there on the horizon for 2009? We could also use that ship for a talented D1 transfer as is commonplace these days for many programs. Appreciate the updates madxster.

Sophomore
    It will be Kyryl or nobody, unless there is a coaching change and a big time transfer becomes available.
    “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.” -Michael Jordan

I got a kick out of the fact that, in an article dated March 7th, he said X was his next stop because he promised them a visit.

Then, in a March 14th article, this was written:

He also plans to visit Xavier

“I don’t know what’s going on with that yet. They haven’t gotten in contact with me yet,” said Famous, the Mid-Hudson Conference and Region XV Player of the Year.

So, has X really been talking to him or is this just a kid hoping to add another quality program to the list?
    Last edited by Xman95; 03-25-2009 at 12:56 PM.

Update on Famous:
    arrid Famous, the 6-foot-11 center out of Westchester (N.Y.) Community College, visited South Florida this past weekend and is on the brink of cutting down his list.

He said he plans to visit Xavier the weekend of April 10 and could decide after that.

“I think after that I might just make my decision,” Famous said Wednesday by phone.

He has taken official visits to Seton Hall, Missouri and South Florida and unofficials to UConn, St. John’s and Villanova. All of those schools, along with Xavier, are in the mix, he said.

As for the South Florida visit, Famous enjoyed it.

“The South Florida trip was good,” said Famous, the Mid-Hudson Conference and Region XV Player of the Year. “I had a good time out there. Beautiful weather. I really enjoyed myself out there. They showed me a good time. I met the coach, the players, the academic adviser.”

He said he plans no other officials after the Xavier trip.

“Not as of right now,” he said.
    http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/04/01/j...st/#more-14319

Talking

Could this be another Syd Vicious or whatever that pitcher was named???? It is after all April 1.:D

According to the Missouri Rivals site, Famous visits XU on 4/10 and then has a press conference scheduled for 4/15.

From what I read, it appears that it would likely be between XU, Mizzou, and Seton Hall.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes, well, he eats you." - The Stranger

I would put a million dollars on him not coming to Xavier.

He's taken X off the list and added Arizona.
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

Arizona would actually be a good place for this kid. They'll have zero talent if their PG goes pro, so he could step in and be one of the main guns for two years.