Thread: Dusty Baker

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dusty Baker

Does Dusty Baker know what he's doing? I just read in the paper where Dusty said he would like to bat Alex Gonzalez second in the order. Besides the fact that Gonzalez hasn't played in 1.5 years, this is the same Gonzalez who has a lifetime .295 OBP.

Doesn't Dusty understand that the guys at the top of the order need to get on base so the guys in 3,4, and 5 spot can drive them in? Doesn't he understand that if you don't get on base, you can't score?

I can see why our Cubs' fans aren't real big on Dusty.

Managers that know what they are doing:

Edit: For some reason the image didn't work so here is the link. It's not that great.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_UYl4EeW8xV...0-h/duhsty.jpg

We don't want anyone who will clog up the bases at the top of the order.

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    We don't want anyone who will clog up the bases at the top of the order.
    I thought that was a pretty funny line. Upon further review, it's even funnier because Dusty actually said something in an interview to that effect.

I also don't understand why he has Phillips batting 4th. The man doesn't seem to know how to put together a batting order.

Quote Originally Posted by THRILLHOUSE View Post
    I also don't understand why he has Phillips batting 4th. The man doesn't seem to know how to put together a batting order.
    The only reason is to split up Votto and Bruce who are both lefties and Phillips bats from the right. I think Edwin is more suited for the job of cleanup but who am I to say really.

I actually think the order will look like this:

1) Taveras
    2) Dickerson
    3) Votto
    4) Phillips
    5) Bruce
    6) Edwin
    7) Gonzalez
    8) Hernandez/Hannigan

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Does Dusty Baker know what he's doing? I just read in the paper where Dusty said he would like to bat Alex Gonzalez second in the order. Besides the fact that Gonzalez hasn't played in 1.5 years, this is the same Gonzalez who has a lifetime .295 OBP.

Doesn't Dusty understand that the guys at the top of the order need to get on base so the guys in 3,4, and 5 spot can drive them in? Doesn't he understand that if you don't get on base, you can't score?

I can see why our Cubs' fans aren't real big on Dusty.
    That's a better OBP than Patterson last year, and he hit leadoff. I think Dusty's getting better.
    No, I be concubining.