Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    I think if you're a Dayton fan, you've got to be pulling hard for both X and Marquette. Marquette has been their signature win, and while they played well even without James last night, they could easily skid out the rest of the way with that injury. Which would obviously lessen Dayton's profile.
    "But I take delight in the juice of the barley/ And courting pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early"

Quote Originally Posted by jcubspoe View Post
    What do you mean by the way we have been playing....? Both of our losses have been on the road since we beat you...no shock there and if we bring last night's effort into your place it's at least going to be a game. Swagger back? Fordham?
    NEWSFLASH - When you play at Xavier on the 5th, it's going to be on the road. They're not relocating the Cintas Center to Dayton (that town wouldn't know what to do with a building like that).

You're 2-3 in your last five. The two road losses you mentioned and the game before us at Charlotte. So you've lost three straight road games. You're 2-0 at home during that stretch, with one being a close win over Richmond. Other than the win against us (and we haven't been too good on the road lately) I think "the way you've been playing" is a pretty obvious comment.

I think it's going to be a good game between X and UD. In case you missed it, my original prediction was that Dayton would win. So I obviously think you have a decent team. But, with your recent road woes and the way X plays at home, I'm starting to reconsider. Add in the fact that it looks like X might be getting back to tough defense and team ball - things that helped them early in the year - the odds are really not going in your favor.

As for the swagger...yes, they might be getting it back even though they have only beaten Fordham and GW recently. There seemed to be a little more bounce in their step on Sunday and they seemed to be enjoying themselves a little more, especially at home. We'll see if they have totally regained their confidence and swagger tonight. The Hawks will be a tough test on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Xman95 View Post
    NEWSFLASH - When you play at Xavier on the 5th, it's going to be on the road. They're not relocating the Cintas Center to Dayton (that town wouldn't know what to do with a building like that).

You're 2-3 in your last five. The two road losses you mentioned and the game before us at Charlotte. So you've lost three straight road games. You're 2-0 at home during that stretch, with one being a close win over Richmond. Other than the win against us (and we haven't been too good on the road lately) I think "the way you've been playing" is a pretty obvious comment.

I think it's going to be a good game between X and UD. In case you missed it, my original prediction was that Dayton would win. So I obviously think you have a decent team. But, with your recent road woes and the way X plays at home, I'm starting to reconsider. Add in the fact that it looks like X might be getting back to tough defense and team ball - things that helped them early in the year - the odds are really not going in your favor.

As for the swagger...yes, they might be getting it back even though they have only beaten Fordham and GW recently. There seemed to be a little more bounce in their step on Sunday and they seemed to be enjoying themselves a little more, especially at home. We'll see if they have totally regained their confidence and swagger tonight. The Hawks will be a tough test on the road.

My point is this: I'm disappointed that we lost our last 2 on the road but not necessarily disappointed with the way we are playing. Just goes to show you how hard it is to win on the road in any league. Unfortunately, if we play like we did last night at X, it doesn't guarantee victory, just guarantees that it will be a good entertaining game.

If you weren't disappointed in the WAY we played against Charlotte, I don't think you watched the game. It was terrible. Charlotte is bad. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. We played like sissies excluding Jamel McClean.
    In fact, I'll go on record as saying that is one of the worst performances I've seen under Sean Miller, which have not been many at all.
    With that said, everything will change tonight. This is a top 25 team when we lock down defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by gladdenguy View Post
    If you weren't disappointed in the WAY we played against Charlotte, I don't think you watched the game. It was terrible. Charlotte is bad. We couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. We played like sissies excluding Jamel McClean.
    In fact, I'll go on record as saying that is one of the worst performances I've seen under Sean Miller, which have not been many at all.
    With that said, everything will change tonight. This is a top 25 team when we lock down defensively.
    Trust me, I was disappointed in that Charlotte game. In fact, that was the game that made me think UD could beat us. But seeing how they perform on the road and how comfortable our guys are at home, I'm rethinking it.

Tonight will be a huge test for X and, if we pass it, I would assume the guys are back to their early-/mid-season form.