Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by #1 Flyer Fan View Post
    thats last year and that dont mean crap to me.
    So why should 50 years ago matter?

#1 Flyer Fan
    i am just letting u know what the record is between the two teams smart one and its all about this year.

i am just letting u know what the record is between the two teams smart one and its all about this year.
    You got it. So when we whip your ass on Thursday, will it still matter to you? Will you come back to this board?

LaSalle has been to National Championship game. Do you want to compare yourself to LaSalle? I can see recruits and fans flocking to LaSalle.

Unless your name is Ohio St., UCLA, Kentucky, North Carolina, etc. no one remembers (or cares) if you've been to a National Championship game or won a title in the 50's or 60's.

Recruits look at only one thing-- What have you done for me lately? This is what Dayton fans fail to understand. So brag about your record or your Nat'l Championship appearances. We'll take the recruits. :D
    Last edited by cinskyline; 01-21-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC4X View Post
    Glow - Where'd you find that pic for your avatar? I searched high and low for the combo to no avail.
    I found the same picture on a google search. He was holding a book. I photoshopped mine to include a can of Billy Beer.

Quote Originally Posted by XU Fan View Post
    I found the same picture on a google search. He was holding a book. I photoshopped mine to include a can of Billy Beer.

Ah, thanks XU Fan. I figured as much, but you both did a flawless job incorporating the two. I have no such talent.

Walk-On
    You bring up the distant past (I'm talking 50 years) as a form of smack and your response to 0-3, or not since Carter is, "that's last year and that dont mean crap to me," or "we can use history but you can't."

Simple dayton rube seathing with jealousy and frustration he's been loyal to a nowhere program lost in the raw sewage filling the dump.

If we want to talk history,has UDump ever won a championship of anything in basketball. Xavier won the NIT in 1958.

All of us muskies, I'm sure, are proud of that team but it has little relevance to the teams we've had in the last 20 or so years.

Let's hear it for trivia!;)

Walk-On
    So last year 'dont mean crap' to you, but things that happend 30 years ago do? Interesting logic.

Walk-On
    0-4 and 22 years mean something to me. 15+ 20 win seasons mean something to me. NCAA Elite 8 and numorous NCAA appearances mean something to me. A national POY means something to me.

Remember, they mean something because I was alive when all this happened.