Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by boozehound View Post
    Hopefully it is nothing big. The fact that he came back in is good, as it suggests that the injury is probably not a torn ACL.

That's definitely encouraging...I don't want another Robert Barker in our hands.
    dayton will lose by 40 and we will loot tonight.
    -Pablo

Sophomore

Brian Walsh Update

I saw this on Lance's blog.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08087/868087-361.stm

Sounds like the knee injury was minor.

A few interesting points:

Walsh has been paying special attention to Xavier, which defeated Georgia and Purdue this past weekend and has advanced to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA tournament. That's because Walsh has signed with the Musketeers of coach Sean Miller. Xavier plays West Virginia tonight in Phoenix.

"I always try to watch all of their [Xavier's] games," Walsh said. "But, yeah, I've been paying special attention. I've been watching to see what [plays] they've been running."

He has pictured himself being on the court next season for Xavier in the NCAA tournament.
    Walsh has also heard the rumors that have Miller, a former Blackhawk High School and Pitt star, as one of the top candidates for the Indiana coaching opening. Would Walsh still want to attend Xavier, which is in Cincinnati, if Miller left for Indiana?

"I don't know," he said. "If that [Miller leaving] would happen, I'd sit down with my parents and talk to them."

Brian played in a all-star game friday night so the injury must not be too serious

Freshman
    Has there been any news on Walsh's injury? I recall he injured it in his playoff game, but I do not remember hearing anything about his progress or the extent of the injury.

I have a friend in Pittsburgh who watches a fair amount of high school basketball and has seen Walsh play. He says that Walsh is VERY good. Walsh is every bit of 6'4", is quick, can handle the ball, play defense, and can shoot from long range beyond the three. He was a little upset that Pitt didn't get him.

As for Walsh's knee injury, it was apparently very minor. Walsh went back in and played the same game.

Freshman
    Good, I'm glad he is alright. That is reassuring for all the musketeers.

Can't say why I hadn't looked before, but I just saw the picture of Brian on his rivals page and the kid has the far off look of a stone-cold killer. If a picture's worth a thousand words, then his picture reads something like Kill Bill.
    Doomed to watch Xavier games on TV since 2008. Still shirtless, though.

He had 20 in the Pittsburgh area All-star game.

Link

There's three things I've heard Walsh can do very well: play D, shoot and pass (apparently, he has great vision).

Like every other freshman in our '08 class, he'll be difficult to keep off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by xutag77 View Post
    He had 20 in the Pittsburgh area All-star game.

Link
    More important, his team won.:D